Morphological Study of the Components of the Thymus Cellular Immune Response in Laboratory Rats when Calcium is Supplied with Drinking Water
The study of the structural and functional features of the thymus is relevant, since lymphopoiesis takes place in it, it is responsible for the effectiveness of the cellular immune response of both innate and acquired immunity. The purpose of this work was to study the morphological structures of CD3-positive structures of the thymus in laboratory animals when using calcium salt supplied with drinking water. Quantitative indicators of CD3-positive thymus cells were studied using the immunohistochemical method. For the general histological characteristics of the thymus, hematoxylin and eosin staining was used. During the experiment, the animals received daily an average of 8.1–10.2 mg /kg of calcium with drinking water. It can be stated that intake of drinking water with a calcium concentration of 235 mg / l leads to an increase in the average size of the lobular area, mainly due to the cortical substance. An increase in the relative number of large lymphocytes in the cortical substance of the thymus lobes occurs due to a decrease in the number of medium and small cell forms. As for the percentage of large and small CD3-positive cells in thymus structures, in the experimental group of animals the authors observed a decrease in small cells in the medulla and at the border between the cortical and the medullary substances due to an increase in the number of large and medium thymus cells, respectively.
- Gordova V.S., Dyachkova I.M. Antigenprezentiruyushchie kletki limfoidnykh organov [Antigen-presenting cells of lymphoid organs]. Vestnik Chuvashskogo universiteta, 2014, no. 2, pp. 217–224.
- Kudrin A.V., Gromova O.A. Mikroelementy v immunologii i onkologii [Trace elements in immunology and oncology. Moscow: Geotarmea]. Moscow, GEOTARMe-dia Publ., 2007, 544 p.
- Mel’nikova O.V., Sergeeva V.E. Morfologicheskie issledovaniya komponentov kletochno-go i gumoral’nogo zven’ev immunnogo otveta selezenki laboratornykh krys pri eksperimental’-noi giperkal’tsiemii [Morphological studies of the components of cellular and humoral links of the immune response of the spleen of laboratory rats with experimental hypercalcemia]. Morfologicheskie vedomosti, 2016, vol. 24, no. 1, pp. 60–68. DOI: https://doi.org/10.20340/mv-mn.2016.24(1):60-68.
- Ryabikina A.I., Kapitonova M.Yu., Nesterova A.A., Morozova Z.Ch. Ontogeneticheskie stromalo-parenkhimatoznykh vzaimodeistvii v selezenke [Ontogenetic stromal-parenchymal interactions in the spleen]. Morfologiya, 2008, vol. 132, no. 2, p. 58.
- Khaitov R.M., Alekseev L.P. Immunogenetika i biomeditsina [Immunogenetics and biomedicine]. Rossiiskii allergologicheskii zhurnal, 2013, no. 1, pp. 5–14.
- Shatskikh O.A., Luzikova E.M., Sergeeva V.E. Reaktsiya CD1A- i CD3- pozitivnykh kletok timusa pri vvedenii melatonina v razlichnykh svetovykh usloviyakh [Reaction of CD1A- and CD3-positive cells of the thymus with the introduction of melatonin in various light conditions]/ Sovremennye problemy nauki i obrazovaniya, 2015, no. 5, URL: https://science-education.ru/ru/article/view?id=21615.
- Gordova V.S., Sergeeva V.E., Dyachkova I.M., Sapozhnikov S.P., Smorodchenko A.T. Morphofunctional adaptation of rat thymus structures to silicon consumption with drinking water. Bulletin of Experimental Biology and Medicine, 2015, vol. 158, no. 6, pp. 816–819.
- Lambert C., Genin C. CD3 bright lymphocyte population reveal gammadelta T cells. Cytometry B Clin. Cytom., 2004, vol. 61, no. 1, pp. 45–53.
- Dyachkova Iraida M.
- Candidate of Biological Sciences, Associate Professor of the Department of Medical Biology with a Course in Microbiology and Virology, Chuvash State University, Russia, Cheboksary (firstname.lastname@example.org; )
Dyachkova I.M. Morphological Study of the Components of the Thymus Cellular Immune Response in Laboratory Rats when Calcium is Supplied with Drinking Water [Electronic resource] // Acta medica Eurasica. – 2022. – №3. P. 71-77. – URL: https://acta-medica-eurasica.ru/en/single/2022/3/9/. DOI: 10.47026/2413-4864-2022-3-71-77.