Rules of submission and publication of articles
The editorial board of the journal Acta medica Eurasica accepts only original, previously unpublished articles.
The author’s original paper should be submitted in both hard- and soft copy forms. The hard-copy should be paginated, and its title page should bear the author’s signature and the date.
Author must provide the following original documents for publishing an article to the editors :
- the author’s original paper with the signatures of all authors, the decryption of signatures and the date on the first page;
- the author’s application (download the form);
- the author’s profiles (download the form);
- the supervisor petition (for authors of articles that do not have academic degrees).
The specified documents and the author’s original paper can be brought to the editor in person or sent to the editorial office by mail (15a, Moskovsky Prospect, Cheboksary, 428015)
Sending articles, applications and forms to the e-mail of the publication means acceptance by the author of the conditions public offer on the provision of services for the publication of articles.
Author’s originals are prepared using a computer in Microsoft Word (files of type doc and docx). A4 paper size, margins: 4 cm to the right and left, 4.5 cm from the top, 5.7 cm from the bottom, 3 cm from the edge to the header, red line 0.75 cm.
Rules for articles writing
The structure of the manuscript should follow the template given below.
(depending on the type of work):
- classification indices: Universal Decimal Classification (UDC) and Library Bibliographic Classifier (BBK). For consultation on the definition of UDC and BBK indices, you can contact the department of library processing of documents and the organization of catalogs of ChGU at the address: ul. University, 38 (Library building, room 208), by e-mail: email@example.com and tel. 45-02-45 (30-37). Advice on the assignment of classification indexes are provided only if there are keywords, annotations and information about the authors (full name, position and place of work);
- the initials and surname of the authors;
- article title;
- keywords (you must specify keywords – from 5 to 10, contributing to indexing articles in search engines);
- the abstract of the article (the abstract should correspond to the structure of the article. The volume of the text of the abstract should be within 100-200 words);
- the author’s initials and surname in English (full name must be written as in a foreign passport or as in previously published articles. Authors who publish for the first time and do not have a passport should use the BSI transliteration standard);
- translation of the title of the article into English (the English title should be correct from the point of view of the English language, and in the sense of fully comply with the Russian title);
- translation of key words in English (for choice of key words in English should use the thesaurus of the National library of medicine – Medical Subject Headings (MeSH));
- translation of the abstract into English (English version of the summary of the article should be in the sense and structure (Aim, Materials and Methods, Results, Conclusions) fully comply with the Russian language and be literate in terms of English);
- the full text of the article (the text of the article should be structured. The structure of the full text of the manuscript describing the results of original research should follow the generally accepted template and contain headings: introduction (relevance), purpose, materials and methods (statistical analysis), results, discussion, conclusions) ;
- reference bibliographic list (the list is constructed alphabetically, it is recommended to have the records first in the language of the publication in which it is included in the list, then in other languages. Sources should be typed in Arial font size 8 pt. When making the list of references, you should be guided by GOST 7.0.5-2008 “Bibliographic reference. General requirements and drafting rules “. References to sources in the text are given in square brackets, for example , [1. C. 5]);
- transliterated references list: download clearance rules
- information about the authors (typed in bold Arial size 9 in Russian and English languages in the nominative case in the following form: Last name, first name, patronymic – academic degree, position, place of work, country, city, e-mail);
- Drawings (graphs, charts, diagrams, drawings and other illustrations drawn by means of MS Office) should be contrasting and sharp. Together with the article, it is necessary to send the “sources” of these objects to the editor, i.e. files with the extensions of the programs in which they were created. The volume of graphic material should be minimal (except for works where it is justified by the nature of the study). Each figure must be placed in the text and be accompanied by a numbered figure caption. Figure captions are Arial font size 8 pt. References to figures in the text are required.
- Photographs, screen prints of monitors (screenshots) and other unpainted illustrations should be sent to the editor separately as files of the formats * .jpeg, * .bmp, * .gif. In this case, the image resolution should be at least 300 dpi.
Formulation of formulas and letters in the text
Formulas are typed in the formula editor Microsoft Equation. The font for Greek letters is Symbol, for all others – Arial, basic size 10 pt, large index 7 pt, small 5 pt. Latin letters are typed in italics, letters of the Greek alphabet and Cyrillic alphabet are written in direct font, matrix, vectors, operators designations are bold typeface
Formulas are located in the center of the page. The formula number is placed at the right edge. Only the formulas referenced are numbered.
When choosing units of physical quantities, it is recommended to adhere to the international system of units of SI.
Tables should be placed in the text of the article. References to tables in the text are required. Tables should have a numbered heading and clearly marked columns that are convenient and readable. These tables should not duplicate the information presented in the text of the article. The text in the tables is typed in Arial font size of 8 pt, the title is bold.
Articles that are not complied with these rules are returned without consideration. The return of the manuscript to the author for revision does not mean that the article has been accepted for publication. After receiving the modified text, the manuscript is again considered by the editorial board. The author should return the revised text together with the original copy of the article, as well as responses to all comments. The date of receipt is the day the editorial staff receives the final version of the article.
1. The procedure for preliminary consideration of copyright originals
1.1. Reception and preliminary consideration of the author’s originals submitted for publication in the journal is carried out by the responsible secretary.
1.2. The preliminary review includes an assessment of the compliance of the author with the terms of the publication published on the official website of the University.
1.2.1. The editorial staff checks all articles for the presence of a borrowed text using the Antiplagiat system.
1.2.2. The article is sent to the author for revision with appropriate justification With the originality of the text below 85% (while borrowing from one source can not be more than 7%).
1.3. The article is rejected, and the author is informed about the decisionif the author does not comply with the conditions of publication provided for in paragraph 1.2 of this Regulation.
1.4. Pre-screened author’s originals are sent for review.
2. The procedure and procedure for reviewing
2.1. All author’s originals undergo a review procedure after preliminary consideration.
2.2. Articles are reviewed by members of the editorial board of the journal, as well as invited reviewers – leading experts in relevant fields.
2.3. The decision on the choice of a reviewer for the examination of the article is made by the editor-in-chief of the journal, his deputies or the head of the editorial board.
2.4. The review period is 1 month, but it can be extended at the request of the reviewer.
2.5. Reviewers are prohibited from making copies of copyright originals and giving them to another person without the permission of the publisher.
2.6. The reviewer has the right to refuse to review if there is a clear conflict of interest that affects the perception and interpretation of the article.
2.7. The review should contain a qualified analysis of the author’s original, its objective reasoned assessment and a reasonable conclusion about the possibility of publication.
2.8. The main purpose of the review is a substantive expert assessment of the quality of copyright originals according to the following criteria: the title of the article corresponds to its content; general analysis of the relevance of the topic and the completeness of its disclosure; scientific novelty, significance of the work, accuracy of the facts presented; consistency and consistency of presentation of the material; analysis of the claimed issues; statistical processing of results; the validity of the availability of tables, illustrations and their compliance with the stated theme; availability of references to literature and sources; scientific style of presentation, terminology; the presence and validity of the findings; compliance with the rules of registration.
2.9. All scientific articles pass two levels of review:
Level 1 – open review (open peer review – the author and reviewer know about each other);
Level 2 – mandatory two-way “blind” reviewing (double-blind – the author and the reviewer do not know about each other).
2.10. Following the review of the manuscript, the reviewer makes recommendations (each decision of the reviewer is justified):
– The article is recommended for publication in this form;
– the article is recommended for publication after correcting the deficiencies noted by the reviewer;
– the article needs additional review by another specialist;
– The article can not be published in the journal.
2.11. After the editorial board makes a decision on admission of the article to publication, the editorial board informs the author and indicates the publication date.
2.12. The decision to refuse to publish an article is taken at the meeting of the editorial board in accordance with the recommendations of the reviewers.
2.13. The editorial board sends the text of the reviews or a motivated refusal to the author.
2.14. If there are recommendations for the revision of the original author, the editorial board proposes to take them into account when preparing a new version of the article, or to reasonably (partially or fully) refute them.
2.15. Revision of the article should not take more than 2 months from the moment of sending an e-mail to the authors about the need for making changes.
2.16. The article, revised by the author, is resubmitted for review.
2.17. The originals of the reviews are kept in the journal’s editorial office for at least 5 years.
2.18. Reviews of articles in open access are not published and are used only in the internal document circulation of the editorial staff, as well as when communicating with the authors.
2.19. Copies of reviews can be transferred to the Ministry of Science and Higher Education of the Russian Federation upon request.
For investment of work related to the technical formatting of articles, you should use the template.
After opening a template in Word, a document is created in which all article formats (paper format, typeface and font size used, order of presentation) will comply with the rules for formatting articles.