Antonova E., Orlova N., Pavlova S.
Smoking Among Students and Medical Students ' Awareness of Drugs to Treat Nicotine Addiction
The frequency of tobacco smoking and attitude to it among third-year students of the medical faculty majoring in "General Medicine" of Ulianov Chuvash State University are investigated. The main method of research was an anonymous survey, in which 235 students took part, 62,5% of them are female, 37,5% – male, their average age was 20±1,0. To assess the degree of nicotine dependence, Fagerstrom test was conducted. 45% of the surveyed students were revealed to have a high and medium degree of dependence. The survey also included questions that allowed to identify the level of students' awareness about drugs to treat nicotine addiction. 156 students (66%) named some of the drugs to treat nicotine addiction, among them 122 respondents (51.9%) named drugs containing nicotine, 75 (31,9%) – those containing cytisine, one student noted the drug varenicline. The latter is the only drug currently proven to be effective.
- Viktorov V.N. O deyatel’nosti Ministerstva zdravookhraneniya Chuvashskoi Respubliki za 2018 god [On the activities of the Ministry of Health of the Chuvash Republic in 2018]. Available at: http://medicin.cap.ru/UserContent/medicin/file/07739c4a-6f1e-410b-b66f-db060e10cf28/otchet-mz-chr-2018.pdf (Accessed 23 April 2019).
- Dyubkova T.P. Formirovaniye motivatsiy otkaza ot kureniya tabaka u studentov klassicheskogo universiteta. [Formation of motivations for quitting tobacco smoking among students of a classical university]. Zdorovye i okruzhayushchaya sreda [Health and environment], 2012, no. 21, pp. 56–66.
- Dyubkova T.P., Alshevskaya S.V. Chastota kureniya tabaka sredi studencheskoy molodezhi i motivatsii prodolzheniya kureniya v period obucheniya v vuze [The frequency of tobacco smoking among students and the motivation to continue smoking during the period of study at the university]. Voprosy organizatsii i informatizatsii zdravookhraneniya [Questions of organization and informatization of health care], 2009, no. 2(59), pp. 50–56.
- Okonenko T.I., Petrova O.S., Kuznecova K.A. Ocenka stepeni nikotinovoj zavisimosti studentov farmacevticheskogo profilja Velikogo Novgodroda [Assesment of the degree of nicotine dependence in pharmaceutical profile students in Veliky Novgorod]. Sovremennye problemy nauki i obrazovaniya [Modern problems of science and education], 2014, no. 1, p. 146.
- Opros GATS. Rossiiskaya Federatsiya [GATS Poll. Russian Federation]. Available at: https://static-1.rosminzdrav.ru/system/attachments/attaches/000/036/485/original/GATS-краткий_отчет-рус.pdf?1511269867 (Accessed 2017).
- Rossiyane sokratili perekury. [Russians have reduced smoke breaks]. Available at: http://hrdocs.ru/polzovatelskoe-soglashenie.html (Accessed 2016).
- Farkhutdinova E.T. Psikhologicheskiye motivy i fiziologicheskiye posledstviya kureniya studentov vuza [Psychological motives and physiological consequences of smoking of high school students]. Kontrol nad tabakom i obshchestvennoye zdorovye v Vostochnoy Evrope [Tobacco Control and Public Health in Eastern Europe], 2011, vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 47–48.
- Antonova Elena
- 4th Course Student, Medical Faculty, Chuvash State University, Russia, Cheboksary (email@example.com; )
- Orlova Natalia
- 4th Course Student, Medical Faculty, Chuvash State University, Russia, Cheboksary (firstname.lastname@example.org; )
- Pavlova Svetlana I.
- Doctor of Medical Sciences, Head of the Department of Pharmacology, Clinical Pharmacology and Biochemistry, Chuvash State University, Russia, Cheboksary (email@example.com; ORCID: https://orcid.org/0000-0001-9976-7866)
Antonova E., Orlova N., Pavlova S. Smoking Among Students and Medical Students’ Awareness of Drugs to Treat Nicotine Addiction [Electronic resource] // Acta medica Eurasica. – 2019. – №3. P. 1-6. – URL: https://acta-medica-eurasica.ru/en/single/2019/3/1/.