Moskovskiy A., Lyubovtseva L., Viktorov V., Moskovskaya O., Tsyganov V., Petukhov D.
The study of immunocompetent cells populations in inflamed dental pulp
The aim of the present study was to investigate the quantitative composition and functional status of dental pulp immune cells in patients with pulpitis and periodontitis. Operating biopsies of dental pulp from patients with caries, acute and chronic pulpitis in combination with periodontal disease of varying severity were used in the study. Immunohistochemical examination was carried out by three-stage indirect immunoassay using primary mabs against antigenic markers of immune cells – CD3+ T-lymphocytes, CD20+ B-lymphocytes, CD68+ macrophages. Visual assessment of antigenic markers expression was studied in the pulp tissue using the light microscope Nikon Eclipse E400 with Digital CCD Color Camera KCC-310ND / PD. The intact tooth pulp is highly immunocompetent due to the presence of CD3+, CD20+ and CD68+ cells, which supports both cellular and humoral immunity. The number of CD68+ cells peaks in acute process in the dental pulp and periodontium, which is caused by infiltration of phagocytes.CD3+ and CD20+ cells revealed in the pulp tissues at later stages of inflammation, which indicates the involvement of cellular and humoral immune response. The number of immune cells is reduced in dental pulp and periodontium at chronic inflammation, but does not reach the control group values.
- Gemonov V.V., Lavrova EH.N., Falin L.I. Razvitie organov polosti rta i zubov [Development of organs of oral cavity and teeth]. Moscow, Medicina Publ., 2002, 185 p.
- Grudyanov A.I., Bezrukova I.V. Immunologicheskie pokazateli krovi pri bystroprogressiruyushchem parodontite [Immunological blood parameters in rapidly progressive periodontitis]. Stomatologiya [Dentistry], 2000, no. 3, pp. 15–17.
- Ivanov V.S., Vinnichenko Yu.L., Ivanova E.V. Vospalenie pul’py zuba [Inflammation of the tooth pulp]. Moscow, MIA Publ., 2003, 264 p.
- Leont’ev V.K., Mamedova L.A. Evolyuciya predstavlenii o prichinah vozniknoveniya kariesa zubov [The evolution of ideas about the causes of dental caries]. Stomatologiya [Dentistry], 2000, no. 1, pp. 68–72.
- Maksimovskiy Yu.M., Chirkova T.D., Ul’yanova M.A. Osobennosti aktivacionnogo sostava immunokompetentnyh kletok krovi parodonta pri kataral’nom gingivite [Features of activation composition of immunocompetent blood cells of periodontal tissues during catarrhal gingivitis]. Stomatologiya [Dentistry], 2003, no. 5, pp. 20–22.
- Moskovskiy A.V. Harakteristika razvitiya zuba cheloveka v antenatal’nom periode (lyuminescentno-gistohimicheskoe issledovanie) [Characteristic of the development of human teeth in the antenatal period (luminescent-histochemical study)]. Morfologiya Morphology, 2005, no. 6, pp. 45–49.
- Romanov A.E., Nikolaeva E.N., Fomichyova E.M., Zoloeva Z.E., Zhamaldinova A.V., Dmitrieva L.A. Harakteristika lejkocitarnyh markerov u bol‘nyh s hronicheskim generalizovannym parodontitom v faze obostreniya [Characterization of leukocyte markers in patients with chronic generalized periodontitis in acute phase]. Stomatologiya [Dentistry], 2003, no.6, pp. 13–16.
- Angelova, Takagi Y., Okiji T., Kaneko T., Yamashita Y. Immunocompetent cells in the pulp of human deciduous teeth. Arch Oral Biol., 2004, vol. 49, no. 1, pp. 29–36.
- BhingareC., Ohno T., Tomura M., Zhang C., Aramaki O., Otsuki M., Tagami J., Azuma M. Dental pulp dendritic cells migrate to regional lymph nodes. J. Dent. Res., 2014, vol. 93, no. 3, pp. 288–293.
- BrunoF., Silva J.A., Silva T.A., Batista A.C., Alencar A.H., Estrela C. Characterization of inflammatory cell infiltrate in human dental pulpitis. Int. Endod. J., 2010, vol. 43, no. 11, pp. 1013–1021.
- Durutürk, Sarı S., Sengül A. Immunocompetent cell level as a diagnostic reference for pulpal pathosis of primary teeth. Arch. Oral Biol., 2013, vol. 58, no. 10, pp. 1517–1522.
- Erciyas, Orbak R., Kavrut F., Demir T., Kaya H. The changes in T-lymphocyte subsets following periodontal treatment in patients with chronic periodontitis. J. Periodontal Res., 2006, vol. 41, no. 3, pp. 165–170.
- FargesC. Understanding dental pulp innate immunity – a basis for identifying new targets for therapeutic agents that dampen inflammation. J. Appl. Oral Sci., 2009, vol. 17, no. 3, pp. 143–149.
- Freitas P., Novaretti C.P., Rodini C.O., Batista A.C., Lara V.S. Mast cells and lymphocyte subsets in pulps from healthy and carious human teeth. Oral Surg. Oral Med. Oral Pathol. Oral Radiol. Endod., 2007, vol. 103, no. 5, pp. 95–102.
- Gaudin, Renard E., Hill M., Bouchet-Delbos L., Bienvenu-Louvet G., Farges J.C., Cuturi M.C., Alliot-Licht B. Phenotypic analysis of immunocompetent cells in healthy human dental pulp. J. Endod., 2015, vol. 41, no. 5, pp. 621–627.
- HahnL., Liewehr F.R. Update on the adaptive immune responses of the dental pulp. J. Endod., 2007, vol. 33, no. 7, pp. 773–781.
- Nakanishi T., Takahashi K., Hosokawa Y., Adachi T., Nakae H., Matsuo T. Expression of macrophage inflammatory protein 3alpha in human inflamed dental pulp tissue. Endod., 2005, vol. 31, no. 2, pp. 84–87.
- Staquet M.J., Durand S.H., Colomb E., Roméas A., Vincent C., Bleicher F., Lebecque S., Farges J.C. Different roles of odontoblasts and fibroblasts in immunity. Dent. Res., 2008, vol. 87, no. 3, pp. 256–261.
- Takegawa, Nakanishi T., Hirao K., Yumoto H., Takahashi K., Matsuo T. Modulatory roles of interferon-γ through indoleamine 2, 3-dioxygenase induction in innate immune response of dental pulp cells. J. Endod., 2014, vol. 40, no. 9, pp. 1382–1387.
- Moskovsky Alexander Vladimirovich
- doctor of medical sciences, orthopaedic dentistry and orthodontics department professor, Chuvash State University, Russia, Cheboksary (firstname.lastname@example.org; )
- Viktorov Vladimir Nikolaevich
- candidate of medical sciences, orthopaedic dentistry and orthodontics department associate professor , Chuvash State University, Russia, Cheboksary )
- Moskovskaya Olesya I.
- Candidate of Biological Sciences, Associate Professor of the Department of Medical Biology with a Course in Microbiology and Virology, Chuvash State University, Russia, Cheboksary )
- Petukhov Dmitry Ivanovich
- orthopaedic dentistry department assistant, Chuvash State University, Russia, Cheboksary )
- Tsyganov Valery Petrovich
- orthopaedic dentistry department assistant , Chuvash State University, Russia, Cheboksary )
- Lubovtseva Lubov Alekseevna
- doctor of biological sciences, professor, general and clinical morphology and forensic medicine department head, Chuvash State University, Russia, Cheboksary )
Moskovskiy A., Lyubovtseva L., Viktorov V., Moskovskaya O., Tsyganov V., Petukhov D. The study of immunocompetent cells populations in inflamed dental pulp [Electronic resource] // Acta medica Eurasica. – 2016. – №2. P. 38-41. – URL: https://acta-medica-eurasica.ru/en/single/2016/2/7/.