Nikonorova V.G., Kuchur O.A., Сhrishtop V.V., Fateev I.V., Rumyantseva T.A.
Effect of Biocomposite Material of Inorganic Gel and the VEGF on Morphology and Survival of Human Dermal Fibroblast Culture
Biocomposite materials based on inorganic gels have a mesoporous structure which is potentially suitable for cell regulation and differentiation, taking into account the key role played by the VEGF in the processes of connective tissue remodeling. The aim of the study was to evaluate the effect of biocomposite material based on inorganic alumina gel and VEGF and its components on the morphology and survival of human dermal fibroblast culture. Materials and methods. the study used human dermal fibroblasts that were cultured on an inorganic gel, alumina, in a VEGF solution and their combination, after which an MTT assay was performed. the morphology of fibroblasts was evaluated in native cultures. in all cases, the VEGF concentration was 10 ng/ml. the distribution of cells by cell cycle phases was studied on a flow cytofluorometer. Results. Data on an insignificant effect of the inorganic gel on the morphology and survival of fibrocytes were obtained. However, when cultured on biocomposite material, the effects were more pronounced than the changes caused by VEGF addition, and consisted in an increase in morphological equivalents of synthetic activity and an increase in fibroblast survival, which is probably due to its mesoporous structure, which increases the presence of a cell in G1.
- Bondarenko N.A., Nikonorova Yu.V., Surovtseva M.A. et al. Vliyanie faktora rosta endoteliya sosudov i eritropoetina na funktsional’nuyu aktivnost’ fibroblastov i mul’tipotentnykh mezenkhimnykh stromal’nykh kletok [Effect of vascular endothelial growth factor and erythropoietin on the functional activity of fibroblasts and multipotent mesenchymal stromal cells]. Byulleten’ eksperimental’noy biologii i meditsiny, 2015, no.10, pp. 505–508.
- Daskovskiy M.I., Doriomedov M.S., Sevast’yanov D.V., Skripachev S.Yu. Polimernye biokompozity – perspektivy primeneniya (obzor) [Polymeric biocomposites – the prospects for use (review)]. Aviatsionnye materialy i tekhnologii, 2017, no 3 (48), pp. 74–80. DOI: 10.18577/2071-9140-2017-0-3-74-80.
- Zorina A., Zorin V., Cherkasov V. Dermal’nye fibroblasty: raznoobrazie fenotipov i fiziolo-gicheskikh funktsiy, rol’ v starenii kozhi [Dermal fibroblasts: diversity of phenotypes and physiological functions, role in skin aging]. Esteticheskaya meditsina, 2012, no. 1, pp. 15–31.
- Chrishtop, V.V., Rumyantseva T.A., Nikonorova V.G. Tipologicheskie i polovye osobennosti morfologii shchitovidnoy zhelezy pri dlitel’noy subtotal’noy gipoksii golovnogo mozga u krys [Typological and sex-specific morphology of the thyroid gland during prolonged subtotal cerebral hypoxia in rats]. Krymskiy zhurnal eksperimental’noy i klinicheskoy meditsiny, 2019, vol. 9, no. 4, pp. 30–38.
- Avery D., Govindaraju P., Jacob M., Todd L., Monslow J., Puré E. Extracellular matrix directs phenotypic heterogeneity of activated fibroblasts. Matrix Biol., 2018, no. 67, pp. 90–106. DOI: 10.1016/j.matbio.2017.12.003.
- Buzanska L., Zychowicz M., Kinsner-Ovaskainen A. Bioengineering of the Human Neural Stem Cell Niche: a Regulatory Environment for Cell Fate and Potential Target for Neurotoxicity. Results Probl Cell Differ., 2018, vol. 66, pp. 207–230. DOI: 10.1007/978-3-319-93485-3_9.
- Gutpell K.M., Hoffman L.M. VEGF induces stress fiber formation in fibroblasts isolated from dystrophic muscle. J Cell Commun Signal., 2015, vol. 9, no. 4, pp. 353–360. DOI: 10.1007/s12079-015-0300-z.
- Iglin V.A., Sokolovskaya O., Morozova S.M. et al. Effect of Sol-Gel Alumina Biocomposite on the Viability and Morphology of Dermal Human Fibroblast Cells. ACS Biomaterial Science and Engineering, 2020, vol. 6, no. 8, pp. 4397–4400. DOI: 10.1021/acsbiomaterials.0c00721.
- Kharitonova M.A., Vasiliev J.M. Length control is determined by the pattern of cytoskeleton. J Cell Sci., 2004, 117, no. 10, pp. 1955–1960. DOI: 10.1242/jcs.01054.
- Levina E.M., Kharitonova M.A., Rovensky Y.A., Vasiliev J.M. Cytoskeletal control of fibroblast length: experiments with linear strips of substrate. J Cell Sci., 2001, vol. 114, 23, pp. 4335–4341. DOI: 10.1242/jcs.114.23.4335.
- Markeson D., Pleat J.M., Sharpe J.R. et al. Scarring, stem cells, scaffolds and skin repair. J Tissue Eng Regen Med., 2015, vol. 9, 6, pp. 649–668. DOI: 10.1002/term.1841.
- Mosmann T. Rapid Colorimetric Assay for Cellular Growth and Survival: Application to Proliferation and Cytotoxicity Assays. Itntnunol. Methods, 1983, vol. 63, no. 1-2, pp. 55–63. DOI: doi.org/10.1016/0022- 1759(83)90303-4.
- Schneider C.A., Rasband W.S., Eliceiri K.W. NIH Image to ImageJ: 25 Years of Image Analysis. Nature Methods, 2012, no. 9, p. 671. DOI: org/10.1038/nmeth.2089.
- Sriram G., Bigliardi P.L., Bigliardi-Qi M. Fibroblast heterogeneity and its implications for engineering organotypic skin models in vitro. Eur J Cell Biol., 2015, vol. 94, 11, pp. 483–512. DOI: 10.1016/j.ejcb.2015.08.001.
- Nikonorova Varvara G.
- Research Lab Technician, State Scientific-Research Test Institute of Military Medicine of Russian Defence Ministry, Russia, St. Petersburg (email@example.com; ORCID: https://orcid.org/0000-0001-9453-4262)
- Kuchur Oleg A.
- Engineer, Department of Biotechnology, ITMO University, Russia, St. Petersburg (firstname.lastname@example.org; ORCID: https://orcid.org/0000-0002-3700-4131)
- Сhrishtop Vladimir V.
- Candidate of Medical Sciences, Senior Researcher, State Scientific-Research Test Institute of Military Medicine of Russian Defence Ministry, Russia, St. Petersburg (email@example.com; ORCID: https://orcid.org/0000-0002-9267-5800)
- Fateev Ivan V.
- Doctor of Medical Sciences, State Scientific-Research Test Institute of Military Medicine of Russian Defence Ministry, Russia, St. Petersburg (firstname.lastname@example.org; ORCID: https://orcid.org/0000-0003-4014-3973)
- Rumyantseva Tatiana A.
- Doctor of Medical Sciences, Professor, Head of Human Anatomy Department, Yaroslavl State Medical University, Russia, Yaroslavl (email@example.com; ORCID: https://orcid.org/0000-0002-8035-4065)
Nikonorova V.G., Kuchur O.A., Сhrishtop V.V., Fateev I.V., Rumyantseva T.A. Effect of Biocomposite Material of Inorganic Gel and the VEGF on Morphology and Survival of Human Dermal Fibroblast Culture [Electronic resource] // Acta medica Eurasica. – 2022. – №4. P. 80-87. – URL: https://acta-medica-eurasica.ru/en/single/2022/4/9/. DOI: 10.47026/2413-4864-2022-4-80-87.