Makushkina О.А., Golenkova V.A.
Clinical and Social Characteristics and Features of Biochemical Indicators in Persons with Mental Disorders WHO Have Committed Violent Crimes
The relevance of the study is conditioned by the need to develop effective methods to prevent public danger arising from persons suffering from mental disorders, with identification of factors that influence aggressive behavior formation in order to improve measures to prevent crimes related to violence. the purpose of this work was to study the socio-demographic, clinical and psychopathological features and biochemical parameters in persons with mental disorders who committed violent crimes. the scientific novelty is determined by the importance of establishing the features of the complex influence of clinical, biological and social factors on the tendency to heteroaggression, the lack of scientifically substantiated data on the role of neurotransmitter and hormonal systems in aggressive behavior formation in patients with severe forms of mental pathology. Materials and methods. the research sample consisted of 100 respondents aged 18 to 60 years with a verified diagnosis of a severe mental disorder and the fact of criminal prosecution for violent crimes. the clinical features of the patients were evaluated using a clinical-psychopathological method with identification of the leading characteristics in psychopathological symptoms and syndromes. Standardized assessment of clinical characteristics was provided by the use of the psychometric methodology "Positive and Negative Syndrome Scale" (PANSS), the methodology "Structured Assessment of Unsafe Behavior Risk" (SOROP). for laboratory testing, blood and urine samples were used to determine the levels of serotonin, dopamine, cortisol, testosterone, free T3 (free T3), estradiol. Results. the most common clinical and social characteristics of persons with severe mental disorders and persistent aggressive criminal behavior were identified and described. in the majority of respondents, the indicators of the neurotransmitter system (serotonin, dopamine levels) were found to differ significantly from the reference values. a negative correlation was determined between serotonin excretion and the sum of points according to SOROP technique, as well as the subscale of aggression, which is part of the indicators in PANSS technique. Conclusions. the obtained data contribute to understanding the nature of heteroaggression in persons with mental disorders, indicating the need for further studying the relationship of social, clinical and biological parameters, determining their role in aggressive behavior formation in this contingent of patients.
- Chekhonin V.P., Baklaushev V.P., Kogan B.M. et al. Katekholaminy i ikh metabolity v mozge i moche u krys s eksperimental’nym parkinsonizmom [Catecholamines and their metabolites in the brain and urine in rats with experimental parkinsonism]. Byulleten’ eksperimental’noy biologii i meditsiny, 2000, vol. 130, no. 8, pp. 223–227.
- Kogan B.M., Kekelidze Z.I., Drozdov A.Z., Yusupova I.U. Ekskretsiya svobodnykh, svyazannykh form katekholaminov, ikh metoksiproizvodnykh i 3,4-dioksifeniluksusnoy kisloty pri alkogol’nom delirii [Excretion of free, bound forms of catecholamines, their methoxy derivatives and 3,4-dioxyphenylacetic acid in alcoholic delirium]. Russian journal of psychiatry, 1998, vol. 4, pp. 30–34.
- Makushkina O.A., Gurina O.I., Vyatkina A.I. Izuchenie urovnya serotonina, dofamina i pokazateley gormonal’nogo profilya u lits s psikhicheskimi rasstroystvami s agressivnym protivopravnym povedeniem [Study of serotonin, dopamine and hormone profile indicators in individuals with mental disorders and aggressive illegal behavior]. Russian journal of psychiatry, 2020, vol. 2, pp. 46–54. DOI: 10.24411/1560-957X-2020-10206.
- Makushkina O.A., Gurina O.I., Golenkova V.A. Biologicheskie osnovy agressivnogo povedeniya [Biological basis of aggressive behavior]. Neurology, neuropsychiatry, psychosomatics, 2022, vol. 14, no. 1, pp. 76–81. DOI: 10.14412/2074-2711-2022-1-76-81.
- Makushkina O.A. Metodika strukturirovannoi otsenki riska opasnogo povedeniya lits s psikhicheskimi rasstroistvami (SOROP). Moscow, 2020, 37 p.
- Popov S.N., Vinnikova I.N. Metodika prognozirovaniya povtornykh obshchestvenno opasnykh deystviy u lits s organicheskimi psikhicheskimi rasstroystvami [A method for predicting repeat socially dangerous acts in subjects with organic mental disorders]. Ru, 2020, vol. 19, no. 9, pp. 53–58. DOI: 10.31550/1727-2378-2020-19-9-53-58.
- Kachaeva M.A., Kharitonova N.K., Shport S.V. et al. Cravnitel’nyy analiz kliniko-sotsial’nykh kharakteristik zhenshchin s organicheskim rasstroystvom lichnosti, sovershivshikh i ne sovershavshikh pravonarusheniya [Comparative analysis of clinical and social characteristics of women with organic personality disorder who committed and did not commit offenses]. Russian journal of psychiatry, 2021, vol. 1, pp. 37–46. DOI: 47877/1560-957X-2021-10104.
- Manchia M., Comai S., Pinna M. et al. Biomarkers in aggression. Adv Clin Chem., 2019, vol. 93, pp. 169–237. DOI: 10.1016/bs.acc.2019.07.004.
- McKernan L.C., Walsh C.G., Reynolds W.S. et al. Psychosocial co-morbidities in Interstitial Cystitis/Bladder Pain syndrome (IC/BPS): a systematic review. Neurourol Urodyn., 2018, vol. 37, no. 3, pp. 926–941. DOI: 10.1002/nau.23421.
- Makushkina Oxana A.
- Junior Researcher, Department of Prevention and Monitoring of Psychiatric Services, National Medical Research Center of Psychiatry and Narcology named after V.P. Serbsky, Russia, Moscow (email@example.com; ORCID: https://orcid.org/0000-0002-9081-8257)
- Golenkova Valeriya A.
- Junior Researcher, Department of Prevention and Monitoring of Psychiatric Services, National Medical Research Center of Psychiatry and Narcology named after V.P. Serbsky, Russia, Moscow (firstname.lastname@example.org; ORCID: https://orcid.org/0000-0003-4617-1916)
Makushkina О.А., Golenkova V.A. Clinical and Social Characteristics and Features of Biochemical Indicators in Persons with Mental Disorders WHO Have Committed Violent Crimes [Electronic resource] // Acta medica Eurasica. – 2022. – №4. P. 37-46. – URL: https://acta-medica-eurasica.ru/en/single/2022/4/4/. DOI: 10.47026/2413-4864-2022-4-37-46.