Timofeeva N.Yu., Kostrova O.Yu., Stomenskaya I.S., Andreev E.V.
Changes in the Indicators of Complete Blood Cell Count in Patients with Coronavirus Infection of Varying Severity
Currently, due to a global spread of the new coronavirus infection, studying the methods for its early diagnosis, treatment and prevention of complications does not lose its relevance. The authors of the article studied the peripheral blood parameters of 104 patients with varying severity of coronavirus infection confirmed by PCR. Signs of lung damage were assessed according to computed tomography findings. The most pronounced changes were detected in the differential blood cell count and leukocytal indices, such as the lymphocyte index and the leukocytal shift index. In the white blood of patients with mild coronavirus, lymphocytosis was detected, in those with a severe infection – leukocytosis due to neutrophilia. When studying the leukocytal indices, a decrease in the lymphocyte index and an increase in the white blood cell shift index were found in patients with a severe course of the disease, which may indicate an unfavorable prognosis of the disease.
- Nikiforov V.V., Suranova T.G., Mironov A. Yu., Zabozlaev F.G. Novaya koronavirusnaya infektsiya (COVID-19): etiologiya, epidemiologiya, klinika, diagnostika, lechenie i profilaktika [New Coronavirus Infection (COVID-19): etiology, epidemiology, clinic, diagnostics, treatment and prevention]. Moscow, 2020, 48 p.
- Sadretdinov M.A., Timerbulatov Sh.V., Valishin D.A., Timerbulatov V.M. Diagnostika covid-19: neispol‘zovannye tekhnologii – vozmozhnosti obshchego analiza krovi [Diagnosis of COVID-19: unused technologies – the possibilities of a full blood count]. Meditsinskii vestnik Bashkortostana, 2020, vol. 15, no. 3(87), pp. 31–34.
- Sakovich A.R. Gematologicheskie leikotsitarnye indeksy pri ostrom gnoinom sinusite [Haematological leukocyte indices in acute purulent sinusitis]. Meditsinskii zhurnal, 2012, no. 4(42), pp. 88–91.
- Timofeeva N.Yu., Kostrova O.Yu., Stomenskaya I.S., Bubnova N.V. Izmeneniya pokazatelei obshchego analiza krovi i koagulogrammy pri legkom techenii koronavirusnoi infektsii [Changes in blood count and coagulogram in the mild course of coronavirus infection]. Acta medica Eurasica, 2021, no. 2, pp. 44–49. URL: http://acta-medica-eurasica.ru/single/2021/2/6/. DOI: 47026/2413-4864-2021-2-44-49.
- Chen N., Zhon M., Dong X. et al. Epidemiological and clinical characteristics of 99 cases of 2019 Novel coronavirus pneumonia in Wuhan, China: a descriptive Study. The Lancet, 2020, vol. 395(10223), pp. 507–513. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/s01406736(20)30211-7.
- Timofeeva Natalya Yu.
- Senior Lecturer, Department of Instrumental Diagnostics Department with a Course of Phthisiology, Chuvash State University, Russia, Cheboksary (firstname.lastname@example.org; ORCID: https://orcid.org/0000-0002-7596-0132)
- Kostrova Olga Yu.
- Candidate of Medical Sciences, Assistant Professor, Head of Department of the Instrumental Diagnostics with a Course of Phthisiology, Chuvash State University, Russia, Cheboksary (email@example.com; ORCID: https://orcid.org/0000-0002-7057-9834)
- Stomenskaya Irina S.
- Candidate of Medical Sciences, Assistant Professor, Department of the Instrumental Diagnostics with a Course of Phthisiology, Chuvash State University, Russia, Cheboksary (firstname.lastname@example.org; ORCID: https://orcid.org/0000-0001-7332-4477)
- Andreev Evgenij V.
- General Practitioner, Reception and Diagnostic Department, Central City Hospital, Russia, Cheboksary (email@example.com; )
Timofeeva N.Yu., Kostrova O.Yu., Stomenskaya I.S., Andreev E.V. Changes in the Indicators of Complete Blood Cell Count in Patients with Coronavirus Infection of Varying Severity [Electronic resource] // Acta medica Eurasica. – 2022. – №1. P. 25-29. – URL: https://acta-medica-eurasica.ru/en/single/2022/1/4/. DOI: 10.47026/2413-4864-2022-1-25-29.