Borsukov A.V., Arabachyan M.I.
Improvement of the Algorithm for Differential Diagnosis of Intracystic Breast Cancer and Cystic Mastopathy
Breast cancer is one of the most important problems of modern oncology. Intracystic cancer in the structure of malignant breast neoplasms belongs to one of the most rare forms and is a variant of intraductal papillary cancer. The issues of early diagnosis of this pathology remain controversial today. The aim of this work was to improve the algorithm of differential diagnosis of intracystic breast cancer and cystic mastopathy. Within the framework of this study, we examined 153 female patients of the prospective group with suspected breast cyst cancer and analyzed the results of examinations carried out for 59 patients of the retrospective group who were examined and treated for intracystic breast cancer in the period from 2010 to 2015 on the basis of Smolensk Regional Oncological Clinical Dispensary. The standard algorithm for examining the patients with suspected intracystic breast cancer in the framework of this study included multiparametric ultrasound (ultrasound in B-mode, ultrasonic Doppler examination, strain elastography, shear wave elastography) and fine needle aspiration puncture biopsy according to our improved technique with subsequent evaluation of the new algorithm's effectiveness. We drew conclusions on low sensitivity and specificity of the traditional algorithm for examining patients with suspected intracystic breast cancer, about a greater effectiveness of the improved algorithm for this diagnosis and advisability to use fine needle aspiration puncture biopsy using the ozone-oxygen mixture to improve the diagnosis of intracystic cancer at the preoperative stage.
- Borsukov A.V., Morozova T.G., Kovalev A.V., Safronova M.A., Ivanov Yu.V., Kazakova O.P., Mamoshin V. Opyt vnedreniya rekomendatsii po standartizirovannoi metodike kompressonnoi sonoelastografii poverkhnostnykh organov i struktur [Experience of Recommendations Implementing in Compression Sonoelastography of Superficial Organs and Structures Standardized Technique]. Meditsinskaya vizualizatsiya, 2014, no. 4, pp. 122–131.
- Bus’ko E.A., Bus’ko E.A., Mishchenko A.V., Semiglazov V.V., Tabagua T.T. Effektivnost’ UZI i sonoelastografii v diagnostike nepal’piruemykh i pal’piruemykh obrazovanii molochnoi zhelezy [The effectiveness of ultrasound and sonoelastography in the diagnosis of non-palpable and palpable breast formations]. Voprosy onkologii, 2013, no. 3, pp. 375–381.
- Bus’ko E.A., Semiglazov V.V., Appolonova V.S. et al. Interventsionnye tekhnologii v onkomammologii [Interventional technologies in oncomammology]. St. Petersburg, 2020, 84 p.
- Gazhonova V.E., Vinogradova N., Zubarev A.V. Skrining raka molochnoi zhelezy: sostoyanie problemy i puti re-sheniya [Breast Cancer Screening: The State of the Problem and Solutions]. Kremlevskaya meditsina, 2017, no. 3, pp. 6–11.
- Kaprin A.D., Starinskii V.V., Petrova V. Zlokachestvennye novoobrazovaniya v Rossii v 2015 godu (zabolevae-most’ i smertnost’) [Malignant neoplasms in Russia in 2015 (morbidity and mortality)]. Moscow, 2017, 250 p.
- Semiglazov V.V., Merabishvili V.M. et al. Epidemiologiya i skrining raka molochnoi zhelezy [Breast Cancer Epidemiology and Screening]. Voprosy onkologii, 2017, vol. 63, no. 3, pp. 375–383.
- Rozhkova N.I. Prokopenko S.P., Mazo M.L. Diagnostika i lechenie raka molochnoi zhelezy: chto izmenilos’ za 20 let [Diagnosis and treatment of breast cancer: what has changed in 20 years]. Ru, 2018, no. 2, pp. 35–40.
- Chang J.M., Koo H.R., Moon W.K. et al. Radiologist-performed hand-held ultrasound screening at average risk of breast cancer: results from a single health screening center. Acta Radiologica, 2015, vol. 56, no. 6, pp. 652–658.
- Lai Y.C., Hsu C.Y., Hsu C.Y., Chou Y.H., Tiu C.M., Tseng L.M., Wang H.K., Chiou H.J. Sonographic presentations of metaplastic breast cancers. Journal Chinese Medical, 2012, vol. 75, pp. 589–594.
- Borsukov Aleksey V.
- Doctor of Medical Sciences, Professor, Director of the Problem Research Laboratory «Diagnostic Research and Minimally Invasive Technologies», Smolensk State Medical University, Russia, Smolensk (email@example.com; ORCID: https://orcid.org/0000-0003-4047-7252)
- Arabachyan Mariam I.
- Oncologist, Doctor of Ultrasound Diagnostics, Smolensk Regional Oncological Clinical Dispensary, Russia, Smolensk (firstname.lastname@example.org; ORCID: https://orcid.org/0000-0002-0919-2083)
Borsukov A.V., Arabachyan M.I. Improvement of the Algorithm for Differential Diagnosis of Intracystic Breast Cancer and Cystic Mastopathy [Electronic resource] // Acta medica Eurasica. – 2021. – №4. P. 9-17. – URL: https://acta-medica-eurasica.ru/en/single/2021/4/2/. DOI: 10.47026/2413-4864-2021-4-9-17.