Indicators of Social Diagnostics Taking Into Account the International Classification of Functioning to Determine the Opportunities and Skills of Disabled People to Assisted Living
Currently, the state and the society intend to create conditions for including persons with disabilities in active life, including through transition from in-patient forms of rendering service to assisted living (articles 19 and 27 of the UN Convention). The use of ICF makes it possible to assess objectively and with a high degree of reliability the health of a disabled person from a social point of view, which is important in determining the opportunity for him or her and his or her ability to assisted living. The purpose of the study is to determine the possibility of using ICF in the social diagnosis of a disabled person with various physical dysfunctions in determining his potential and ability to assisted living. Social diagnostics determines the social and environmental status of a disabled person. In the disabled person the results of the diagnosis assess the degree of lost opportunity and ability to carry out self-service, to move independently, to navigate, to communicate, to control the behavior, to learn. The needs of a disabled person with various physical dysfunctions have a specific character and, consequently, necessary assistance in assisted living is established individually depending on the level of independence and the amount of necessary aid in carrying out self-service, household, leisure and social activities. The article presents indicators of social diagnosis of a disabled person with various physical dysfunctions, taking into account the ICF to determine his opportunity and ability to assisted living. ICF be used for social diagnosis to identify the opportunities and abilities of people with disabilities to assisted living and makes it possible to determine objectively necessary activities in preparing a disabled person to the given service.
- Demina E. Osnovnye principy i soderzhanie meropriyatij pri razrabotke social’nogo komponenta individual’noj programmy reabilitacii i abilitacii [Basic principles and content of activities in the development of the social component of the individual rehabilitation and habilitation program]. Profilakticheskaya i klinicheskaya medicina, 2016, no. 2(59), pp. 44–49.
- Basov N.F. Social’naya rabota s invalidami [Social work with persons with disabilities]. Moscow, KnoRus media Publ., 2017, 984 p.
- Korbsi P. Sistema reabilitacionnyh uslug dlya lyudej s ogranichennymi vozmozhnostyami v Rossijskoi Federacii [System of rehabilitation services for people with disabilities in the Russian Federation]. Ezhekvartal’nyi byulleten‘, 2012, no. 5, 12 p.
- Kostina T.A. Kompleksnyj podhod k resheniyu problem invalidov [A comprehensive approach to the problems of persons with disabilities]. Social’naya rabota, 2013, no. 2, pp. 25–28.
- Mezhdunarodnaya klassifikaciya funkcionirovaniya, ogranichenii zhiznedeyatel’nosti i zdorov’ya: MKF [International Classification of Functioning, Disability and Health (ICF)]. Geneva, WHO, 2001, 299 p.
- Suslova V. Social’naya diagnostika: metody i sposoby ee osushchestvleniya [Social diagnostics: methods and ways of its implementation]. Moscow, Gardariki Publ., 1993, 90 p.
- Frolov M.I. Social’naya adaptaciya invalidov [Social adaptation of persons with disabilities]. Moscow, Nobel’ Press Publ., 2015, 178 p.
- Grotkamp S., Cibis W., Nüchtern E. et al. Personbezogene Faktoren der ICF. Beispiele zum Entwurf der AG LICFM des Fachbereichs II der Deutschen Gesellschaft für Sozialmedizin und Prävention (DGSMP). Gesundheitswesen, 2012, vol. 74, S. 449–458.
- Grotkamp S et al. Cibis W., Nüchtern E. et al. Personal Factors in the International Classification of Functioning, Disability and Health: Prospective Evidence. Australian Journal of Rehabilitation Councelling, 2012, vol. 18, pp. 1–24. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1017/jrc.2012.4.
- Rentsch H.P., Bucher P.O. ICF in der Rehabilitation. Die praktische anwendung der Internationalen Klassifikation der Funktionsfähigkeit, Behinderung und Gesundheit im Rehabilitationsalltag. Schulz-Kirchner Verlag, 2005.
- Schuntermann M.F. Einführung in die ICF: Grundkurs, Übungen, offene Fragen. Aufl., Ecomed-Verlag, 2013.
- World Health Organisation: International Classification of Functioning, Disability and Health – ICF. Geneva, 2001.
- Demina Ella Nikolaevna
- candidate of biological sciences, social rehabilitation and disabled people habilitation unit leading researcher, G.A. Albrecht St. Petersburg Scientific and Practical Center for Medical and Social Expertise, Prosthetics and Rehabilitation of Persons with Disabilities, Russia, St. Petersburg (email@example.com; )
Demina E. Indicators of Social Diagnostics Taking Into Account the International Classification of Functioning to Determine the Opportunities and Skills of Disabled People to Assisted Living [Electronic resource] // Acta medica Eurasica. – 2019. – №2. P. 16-22. – URL: https://acta-medica-eurasica.ru/en/single/2019/2/3/.