Sapozhnikov S., Kozlov V., Galeeva A., Rafikova D., Ivanov S.
The role of dietary factors in flatfoot development
The aim of the study was to study the prevalence of flatfoot among students, to compare the findings with known literature data on flatfoot prevalence in the population and the role of deficit in some essential nutritional factors in development of this pathology. In a random sample of 129 students of both sexes residing permanently in the territory of the Chuvash Republic, every fourth was found to have a longitudinal or transverse flatfoot, and a lowered arch of foot was found in 3,9%. The data obtained by us coincide with the known data on prevalence of this pathology in the population. According to the literature data in the organized samples of schoolchildren, athletes, tennis players, the incidence frequency of flatfoot can reach 80%. The role of alimentary deficiency in magnesium, zinc, calcium and ascorbic acid in pathogenesis of connective tissue dysplasia of various geneses is known. Earlier, the collaborative writing team of the medical faculty at the Chuvash State University obtained data on chronic deficiency in essential substances in daily food rations, generally coinciding with the results of studying this problem in the Russian Federation. Nevertheless, preventive work for correcting formation of this pathology by means of correcting eating behaviour of the population is not performed. It is concluded that: 1) factorial analysis of numerical data concerning dimensional parameters of the feet revealed that the distance between impressions left by the heads of metatarsals and the impressions left by the phalanx bones is an additional criterion of longitudinal and transverse flatfoot; 2) when revealing flatfoot and other dysplastic changes in connective tissue, it is necessary to assess the body's provision with chemical elements (magnesium, zinc, calcium, ascorbic acid) and, if necessary, to correct their imbalance.
- Golovskoi B.V., Usol’tseva L.V., Khovaeva Ya.V., Ivanova N.V. Osobennosti klinicheskogo ppoyavleniya displazii soedinitel’noi tkani u lits tpudosposobnogo vozpasta [Peculiarities of clinical manifestation of connective tissue dysplasia in persons with a susceptible age]. Klinicheskaya Meditsina, 2002, vol. 80, no. 12, pp. 39–41.
- Golubev V.V., Leshchenko M.V., Golubev S.V. Praktikum po osnovam pediatrii i gigieny detei shkol’nogo vozrasta [Workshop on the basics of pediatrics and hygiene of school-age children]. Moscow, 2000, 195 p.
- Dzhumok A.A. Diagnostika ploskostopiya i problema ego korrektsii u detei 9-10 let, zanimayushchikhsya bol’shim tennisom [Diagnosis of flatfoot and the problem of its correction in children 9-10 years old, engaged in large tennis]. Uchenye zapiski universiteta imeni P.F. Lesgafta, 2012, no. 11(93), pp. 24–27.
- Domnitskaya T.M., D”yachenko A.V., Kupriyanova O.O., Domnitskii M.V. Klinicheskoe znachenie primeneniya magniya orotata u podrostkov s sindromom displazii soedinitel’noi tkani serdtsa [Clinical significance of magnesium orotate use in adolescents with cardiac connective tissue dysplasia syndrome]. Kardiologiya, 2005, vol. 45, no. 3, pp. 76–81.
- Kadurina T.I. Nasledstvennye kollagenopatii (klinika, diagnostika, lechenie i dispanserizatsiya) [Clinical significance of the use of magnesium orotate in adolescents with connective tissue dysplasia syndrome]. St. Peterburg, Nevskii dialect Publ., 2000, 271 p.
- Kadurina T.I. Porazhenie serdechno-sosudistoi sistemy u detei s razlichnymi variantami nasledstvennykh boleznei soedinitel’noi tkani [The defeat of the cardiovascular system in children with various variants of hereditary connective tissue diseases]. Vestnik aritmologii, 2000, no. 18, pp. 87–92.
- Klyuchnikova V.M., Kochetkova T.S., Kalita A.N. Praktikum po konstruirovaniyu izdelii iz kozhi [Workshop on the design of leather goods]. Moscow, 1985, pp. 14–22.
- Kozhevnikov O.V., Kosov I.S., Ivanov A.V., Bolotov A.V. Sovremennye podkhody k lecheniyu plosko-val’gusnoi deformatsii stop u detei i podrostkov [Modern approaches to treatment of flat-valgus deformation of feet in children and adolescents]. Kubanskii nauchnyi meditsinskii vestnik, 2010, no. 6(120), pp. 51–55.
- Kozlov V.A., Ivanov S.V., Galeeva A.R., Rafikova D.I., Gusev A.R. Karty fenotipa i kliniko-genealogicheskie rodoslovnye kak instrumenty metoda proektnogo obucheniya pri izuchenii meditsinskoi genetiki [Phenotype cards and clinical genealogical pedigrees as tools of the project training method in the study of medical genetics]. Pedagogicheskie i sotsiologicheskie aspekty obrazovaniya: materialy Mezhdunar. nauch.-prakt. konf. [Proc. of Int. Sci. Conf. «Pedagogical and sociological aspects of education»]. Cheboksary, 2018, pp. 77–79.
- Kramarenko G.N. Voprosy etiologii i klassifikatsii staticheskikh deformatsii stop [Questions of etiology and classification of static deformities of feet]. In: Stopa i voprosy postroeniya ratsional’noi obuvi [Stop and build issues sound shoes]. Moscow, 1972, pp. 32–34.
- Nasledstvennye narusheniya soedinitel’noi tkani. Rossiiskie rekomendatsii [Hereditary disorders of connective tissue. Russian recommendations]. Moscow, 2009, p. 24.
- Sapozhnikov S.P. Gigienicheskaya otsenka mikroelementnogo sostava vodno-pishchevykh ratsionov v svyazi s izucheniem prichinno-sledstvennykh svyazei khronicheskikh neinfektsionnykh zabolevanii: avtoref. dis. … kand. med. nauk [Hygienic assessment of microelement composition of water and food rations in connection with the study of cause and effect relationships of chronic noncommunicable diseases. Diss. Abstract]. Moscow, 1990, 24 p.
- Sapozhnikov S.P. Ekologo-biogeokhimicheskie faktory sredy obitaniya i zdorov’ya [Ecological and biogeochemical factors of habitat and health]. Cheboksary, Chuvash Universitety Publ., 2001, 96 p.
- Suslikov V.L., Khokhlova E.A., Kozlov V.A., Kaplanova A.Sh. Kharakter pitaniya sel’skogo naseleniya Chuvashskoi Respubliki v dinamike za period 1980-2001 g [Nature of nutrition of the rural population of the Chuvash Republic in the dynamics for the period 1980–2001 g.]. Mikroelementy v meditsine, 2001, vol. 2, no. 3, pp. 42–45.
- Tursunova Z.N., Sailieva D.I. Issledovanie plantogramm stop detei mladshego shkol’nogo vozrasta s tsel’yu opredeleniya patologii v stroenii stopy [Study of the footprint of foot-high-school children for the purpose of determining pathology in the structure of the foot]. Molodoi uchenyi, 2015, no. 9, pp. 313–317.
- Guo H., Lee J.D., Uzui H., Yue H., Wang J., Toyoda K., Geshi T., Ueda T. Effects of folic acid and magnesium on the production of homocysteine–induced extracellular matrix metalloproteinase–2 in cultured rat vascular smooth muscle cells. J., 2006, vol. 70, no. 1, pp. 141–146.
- Galeeva Alina Rashidovna
- medical faculty 4th year student, Chuvash State University, Russia, Cheboksary (firstname.lastname@example.org; )
- Ivanov Sergey Valerievich
- medical faculty 4th year student, Chuvash State University, Russia, Cheboksary (email@example.com; )
- Kozlov Vadim A.
- Doctor of Biological Sciences, Candidate of Medical Sciences, Professor of the Department of Medical Biology with a course in Microbiology and Virology, Chuvash State University, Russia, Cheboksary (firstname.lastname@example.org; ORCID: https://orcid.org/0000-0001-7488-1240)
- Rafikova Diana Ilmirovna
- medical faculty 4th year student, Chuvash State University, Russia, Cheboksary (email@example.com; )
- Sapozhnikov Sergey P.
- Doctor of Medical Sciences, Head of the Department of Medical Biology with a course in Microbiology and Virology, Chuvash State University, Russia, Cheboksary (firstname.lastname@example.org; ORCID: https://orcid.org/0000-0003-0967-7192)
Sapozhnikov S., Kozlov V., Galeeva A., Rafikova D., Ivanov S. The role of dietary factors in flatfoot development [Electronic resource] // Acta medica Eurasica. – 2018. – №4. P. 53-60. – URL: https://acta-medica-eurasica.ru/en/single/2018/4/7/.