Kozlov V., Sapozhnikov S.
Aqueous coefficient as a new anthropometric index
The aim of the study was physiological substantiation for practical applicability of aqueous coefficient using multidimensional statistical data analysis of the cohort study of body composition in 6,543 relatively healthy children and adolescents aged 5 to 17 years (3,108 girls and 3,435 boys) of the towns of Cheboksary and Novocheboksark and regions of the Chuvash Republic, obtained by bioimpedance method. Using a bioimpedance analyzer ABC 02 "MEDAS" in the settings of the Health Center of the Budgetary Institution “Republican Children's Clinical Hospital” under the Ministry of Public Health and Social Development of the Chuvash Republic and visiting medical teams, 6543 relatively healthy children and adolescents aged 5 to 17 residing in the territory of the Chuvash Republic – the towns of Cheboksary, Novocheboksark and Kanashsky, Sumerlinsky, Yadrinsky and Yalchik regions were examined. The methods of descriptive, regression and factor analysis revealed the presence of gender differences in body composition as well as differences between urban and rural populations. Introduction of two new terms – an aqueous continuum and an aqueous coefficient (extracellular water) / (intracellular water) into the experimental and clinical practice was substantiated. A regular decrease in the aqueous coefficient in ontogenesis was revealed. It is concluded that in children up to the age of nine there is a relative predominance of extracellular volume of water over the intracellular one; the aqueous coefficient is a characteristic parameter that reflects the age of an examinee and can be used for a comprehensive assessment of the current status of the aqueous continuum and the state of the cardiovascular system.
- Kozlov V.A., Sapozhnikov S.P., Fedorov A.A., Stroganova N.N., Karasev A.V. Izmenenie sostoyaniya vodnykh prostranstv u detei v ontogeneze [Changes in the state of water spaces in children in ontogenesis] Innovatsionnye tekhnologii v podgotovke sportsmenov v sportivnoi bor’b: materialy Vserossiiskaya nauchno-prakticheskaya konferentsiya [Proc. of I Rus. Sci. Conf. «Innovative technologies in training athletes in wrestling»]. Kazan, 2014, pp. 119–122.
- Kozlov V.A., Stroganova N.N., Pavlov A.A., Smelova T. Sostoyanie fizicheskogo razvitiya detei g. Cheboksary po dannym bioimpedansmetrii [The state of physical development of children in Cheboksary, according to bioimpedance measurements]. Vestnik Chuvashskogo gosudarstvennogo pedagogicheskogo universiteta imeni I.Ya. Yakovleva, 2012, no. 2(74), pp. 78–85.
- Kozlov V.A., Shumilova N.A., Sapozhnikov S.P., Kichigin V.A., Sandalov I.S., Zhelonkin L.D. K voprosu o formalizatsii pit’evogo potrebleniya etanola u krys [To the question of the formalization of drinking ethanol consumption in rats]. Acta Medica Eurasica, 2015, no. 1, pp. 20–25. Available at: http:acta-medica-eurasica.ru/single/2015/1/4.
- Martirosov E.G., Nikolaev D.V., Rudnev S.G. Tekhnologii i metody opredeleniya sostava tela cheloveka [Technologies and methods for determining the composition of the human body]. Moscow, Nauka Publ., 2006, 248 p.
- Stroganova N.N., Kozlov V.A., Pavlov A.A., Smelova T.P. Sostoyanie fizicheskogo razvitiya detei nekotorykh raionov Chuvashskoi Respubliki po dannym bioimpedansmetrii [The state of the physical development of children in some regions of the Chuvash Republic according to bioimpedance measurement data]. Vestnik Chuvashskogo gosudarstvennogo pedagogicheskogo universiteta imeni I.Ya. Yakovleva, 2012, no. 2(1), pp. 158–163.
- Stroganova N.N., Kozlov V.A., Smelova T.P., Pavlov A.A. Rasprostranennost’ narusheniya sostava tela detei g. Cheboksary [The prevalence of the disruption of the body composition of children in the city of Cheboksary]. Uspekhi sovremennogo estestvoznaniya [The successes of modern natural science], 2012, no. 11, pp. 17–20.
- Stroganova N.N., Kozlov V.A., Smelova T.P., Pavlov A.A. Sostoyanie fizicheskogo razvitiya detei i podrostkov g. Cheboksary i nekotorykh raionov Chuvashskoi respubliki po dannym bioimpedansmetrii [The state of physical development of children and adolescents in Cheboksary and some regions of the Chuvash Republic according to bioimpedance measurements]. Nauka i innovatsii – 2012: materialy VII Mezhdunar. nauch. shkoly [Proc. of Int. Sci. School «Science and Innovations – 2012»]. Yoshkar-Ola, Volga State Technological University Publ., 2012, pp. 215–224.
- Stroganova, N.N., Kozlov V.A. Fizicheskoe razvitie detei i podrostkov Shumerlinskogo raiona Chuvashskoi Respubliki po dannym bioimpedansmetrii [Physical development of children and adolescents of the Sumer-Linsky district of the Chuvash Republic according to bioimpedance measurements]. Nauchno-informatsionnyi vestnik doktorantov, aspirantov, studentov [Scientific Information Bulletin of Doctoral Students, Post-Graduates, Students], 2012, no. 1(18), pp. 141–144.
- Suslikov V.L., Khokhlova E.A., Kozlov V.A., Kaplanova A.Sh. Kharakter pitaniya sel’skogo naseleniya Chuvashskoi Respubliki v dinamike za period 1980–2001 gg. [The nature of nutrition of the rural population of the Chuvash Republic in the dynamics for the period 1980–2001]. Mikroelementy v meditsine [Trace elements in medicine], 2001, vol. 2, no. 3, pp. 42–45.
- Baumgartner R.N., Chumlea W.C., Roche A.F. Bioelectrical impedance phase angle and body composition. Am. J. Clin. Nutr., 1988, vol. 48, pp. 16–23.
- Kozlov Vadim A.
- Doctor of Biological Sciences, Candidate of Medical Sciences, Professor of the Department of Medical Biology with a course in Microbiology and Virology, Chuvash State University, Russia, Cheboksary (firstname.lastname@example.org; ORCID: https://orcid.org/0000-0001-7488-1240)
- Sapozhnikov Sergey P.
- Doctor of Medical Sciences, Head of the Department of Medical Biology with a course in Microbiology and Virology, Chuvash State University, Russia, Cheboksary (email@example.com; ORCID: https://orcid.org/0000-0003-0967-7192)
Kozlov V., Sapozhnikov S. Aqueous coefficient as a new anthropometric index [Electronic resource] // Acta medica Eurasica. – 2018. – №2. P. 61-70. – URL: https://acta-medica-eurasica.ru/en/single/2018/2/9/.