Mikhailova I.G., Moskovskiy A.V., Urukov Yu.N., Karpunina A.V., Moskovskaya O.I., Spiridonova O.I.
Randomized Study of Index Score Indicators in Patients with Chronic Periodontitis in the Chuvash Republic
The aim of this work was to determine the values of plaque accumulation indices and oral hygiene indices, to conduct a comparative assessment before the start of multimodality therapy in patients with mild and moderate parodontitis and after its completion among the adult population of the Chuvash Republic. The study of index evaluation values of 146 patients aged 33–62 years with a diagnosis "chronic generalized parodontitis of mild and moderate severity" was conducted. The age range was determined by the criteria for dividing the age groups according to WHO data – early adult (25–35 years), middle adult (36–45 years), late adult (46-60 years). The examination was carried out according to standard clinical methods of simplified oral hygiene index OHI-s (according to Green – Vermillion), dental plaque hygiene index (PI) Silness-Loe (1964), evaluation of the state of periodontal tissues PI (by Russel). The authors present the criteria for evaluating the indices before the start of standard treatment and after its completion for all the studied patients and in groups with mild and moderate severity of chronic generalized parodontitis. The authors give as well a comparative analysis of the patients’ index assessment depending on the severity of the disease, the dynamics of the infection resolution in groups with different degrees of of parodontitis severity.
- Abdurakhmanov G.G., Omarova Kh.O., Taigibov G.N. Predposylki obrashaemosti naselenia za parodontologicheskoy pomoshyu v stomatologicheskie uchrezhdeniya [Prerequisites for the appeal of the population for periodontal care in dental institutions]. Sovremennaya nauka: Aktual’nye problem nauki I praktiki [Modern science: Actual problems of theory and practice], 2019, no. 9, pp. 93-97.
- Lipina T.V., Elovikova T.M., Grigoriev S.S. Klinichesk,aya ocenka stomatologicheskogo statusa pacientov pozhilogo vozrasta s hronicheskim parodontitom I chastichnoy poterey zubov na etape podgotovki k ortopedicheskomu lecheniyu [Clinical assessment of the dental status of elderly patients with chronic periodontitis and partial loss of teeth at the stage of preparation for orthopedic treatment]. In: Mezhdunarodniy Kongress «Stomatologiya Bol’shogo Urala» [In the collection: International Congress “Dentistry of the Big Urals”]. Ekaterinburg, 2020, pp. 90–92.
- Mamedov R.M., Sadigova N.N., Ibragimova L.K. Optimizaciya metodov profilaktiki I lecheniya vospalitel’nih zabolevaniy parodonta [Optimization of methods of prevention and treatment of inflammatory periodontal diseases]. Problemi stomatologii, 2019, vol. 15, no 2, pp. 114–121.
- Stepanova, A.I., Nagaeva M.O., Dzyuba E.V. Dinamika kachestva zhizni bol’nih hronicheskim generalizovannim parodontitom sredney stepeni tyazhesti na fone tradicionnogo lecheniya. [Dynamics of the quality of life of patients with chronic generalized periodontitis of moderate severity against the background of traditional treatment]. Problemi stomatologii, 2019, vol. 15, no. 2, pp. 32–36.
- Khaibullina R.R., Gilmutdinova L.T., Gerasimova L.P., Khaibullina Z.R. Nemedikamentoznie tekhnologii v medicinskoy reabilitacii pacientov s hronicheskim generalizovannim parodontitom [Non-drug technologies in medical rehabilitation of patients with chronic generalized periodontitis]. Fizioterapiya, balneologiya, reabilitaciya, 2017, vol. 16, no. 3, pp. 140–144.
- Khaibullina R.R., Gilmutdinova L.T., Gerasimova L.P. Prograqmma medicinskoy reabilitacii pacientov s hronicheskim generalizovannim parodontitom sredney stepeni tiazhesti [Medical rehabilitation program for patients with chronic generalized periodontitis of moderate severity]. Ural’skiy Medicinskiy Zhurnal, 2016, no. 7(140), pp. 10–13.
- Shinkevich V.I., Kaidashev I.P. Rol’ faktorov immunnih kletok v remodelirovanii desni pri hronicheskom zabolevanii parodonta [The role of immune cell factors in gingival remodeling in chronic generalized periodontal disease]. Stomatologiya, 2012, no. 91(1), pp. 23–27.
- Yanushevich O.O., ed., Yanushevich O.O., Grinin V.M., Pochtarenko V.A., Runova G.S. and others. Zabolevaniya parodonta. Sovremenniy vzgliad na kliniko-diagnosticheskie lechebnie aspekti. [Periodontal diseases. Modern view of clinical and diagnostic therapeutic aspects]. Moscow, GEOTAR-Media Publ., 2010, 160 p.
- Chiu‐Wen Su. Receiver operating characteristic curve–based prediction model for periodontal disease updated with the calibrated community periodontal index. Journal of Periodontology, 2017, vol. 88, no. 12, pp. 1348–1355.
- Costa F.O., Costa A.A., Cota LOM. The use of interdental brushes or oral irrigators as adjuvants to conventional oral hygiene associated with recurrence of periodontitis in periodontal maintenance therapy: a 6-year prospective study. Periodontol., 2020, vol. 91, no. 1, pp. 26–36.
- Fardal O. Interviews and assessments of returning non-compliant periodontal maintenance patients. Journal of Clinical Periodontolagy, 2006, vol. 33, no. 3, pp. 216–220.
- Mikhailova Irina G.
- Post-Graduate Student, Department of Prosthetic Dentistry, Assistant Lecturer, Department of Therapeutic Dentistry, Chuvash State University, Russia, Cheboksary (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Moskovskiy Aleksandr V.
- Doctor of Medical Sciences, Professor, Department of Prosthetic Dentistry and Orthodontics, Chuvash State University, Russia, Cheboksary (email@example.com)
- Urukov Yury N.
- Doctor of Medical Sciences, Professor, Head of the Department of Prosthetic Dentistry and Orthodontics, Chuvash State University, Russia, Cheboksary (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Karpunina Antonina V.
- Candidate of Medical Sciences, Associate Professor, Head of the Department of Therapeutic Dentistry, Chuvash State University, Russia, Cheboksary (email@example.com)
- Moskovskaya Olesya I.
- Candidate of Biological Sciences, Associate Professor of the Department of Medical Biology with a Course in Microbiology and Virology, Chuvash State University, Russia, Cheboksary
- Spiridonova Ol’ga I.
- Assistant Lecturer, Department of Therapeutic Dentistry, Chuvash State University, Russia, Cheboksary (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Mikhailova I.G., Moskovskiy A.V., Urukov Yu.N., Karpunina A.V., Moskovskaya O.I., Spiridonova O.I. Randomized Study of Index Score Indicators in Patients with Chronic Periodontitis in the Chuvash Republic [Electronic resource] // Acta medica Eurasica. – 2021. – №1. P. 33-39. – URL: http://acta-medica-eurasica.ru/en/single/2021/1/4/. DOI: 10.47026/2413-4864-2021-1-33-39.