Kozlov V.A., Sapozhnikov S.P.
Colorimetry of Histological Material
The relevance of the research lies in the use of conventional software products distributed under the GNU license to assess staining of histological material based on the analysis of photomicrographs. The purpose of the study is to demonstrate the opportunities of conventional software distributed under the GNU license, designed for color analysis of photos in histology to identify differences in tinctorial properties of tissues. The authors evaluated the opportunities of the Color Analysis program launched in the Android Nox Player 188.8.131.52 emulator (GNU license) under Windows 10 for color analysis of photomicrographs of various tissues histological sections. Photomicrographs of paraffin sections of 5 microns thick were obtained using a micro-microscope Mikmed-5 using a Levenhuk C800 NG 8M video eyepiece, USB 2.0. A white light lamp Feron G4 4000 K was used as an illuminator. In color analysis of photomicrographs stained with hematoxylin and eosin, or hematoxylin and Congo red, or by Unna, or by the designer three-color amyloid staining in the Color Analysis program, color separation patterns were obtained that reflect the relative area (%) of the field of view staining with shades characteristic for this method of staining. The authors formulate the standard conditions for the preparation of histological specimen and conditions for photographing micro-preparations to obtain comparable results in an experiment with the control-experience design. It is concluded that the program color analysis provides a significant amount of additional information about the histological material, which can be formalized and studied as statistical values.
- Gordon D.S. Tinktorial’nye paralleli tuchnykh kletok. Makro-mikrostruktura tkanei v norme, patologii i eksperimente [Tinctorial Parallels of mast cells. Macro-microstructure of tissues in norm, pathology, and experiment]. Cheboksary, Chuvash University Publ., 1981, pp. 97–101.
- Karnaukhov V.N. Lyuminestsentnyi spektral’nyi analiz kletki [Luminescent spectral analysis of the cell]. Moscow, Nauka Publ., 1978, 207 p.
- Kozlov V.A., Sapozhnikov S.P., Karyshev P.B. Trekhtsvetnaya okraska na amiloid [Tricolor amyloid staining]. Tsitologiya, 2017, vol. 59, no. 9, pp. 623–627.
- Kozlov V.A., Sapozhnikov S.P., Karyshev P.B., Sheptukhina A.I., Nikolaeva O.V. Model sistemnogo amiloidoza u molodykh myshei [Trichrome staining for detection of amyloid]. Byulleten eksperimental’noi biologii i meditsiny, 2016, vol. 162, no. 10, pp. 523–527.
- Obzor svetodiodnykh lamp Remez E27 i E14 na koreiskikh svetodiodakh novogo pokoleniya [Review of Remez E27 and E14 led lamps on Korean new generation LEDs]. Access mode: https://habr.com/en/company/ledobzor/blog/487220/?mobile=no.
- Trukhan S.V., Nedz’ved’ A.M., Koler A. Morfologicheskii i spektral’nyi analiz gistologicheskoi tkani s ispol’zovaniem glubokikh svertochnykh setei [Morphological and spectral analysis of histological tissue using deep convolutional networks]. Doklady BGUIR, 2019, no. 4(122), pp. 25–31.
- Vidal 2012. Spravochnik Vidal. Lekarstvennye preparaty v Rossii [Vidal Reference Book. Medicines in Russia]. Moscow, AstraFarmServis Publ., 2012, 723 p.
- Lotto R.B., Purves D. An empirical explanation of color contrast. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA, 2000, vol. 97, no. 2, pp. 12834–12839. DOI: 10.1073/pnas.210369597.
- Dos Santos Benedetti L.P., dos Santos V.B., Silva T.A., Filho E.B., Martinsc V.L., Fatibello–Filho O. A digital image–based method employing a spottest for quantification of ethanol in drinks. Methods, 2015, no. 7, pp. 4138–4144. DOI: 10.1039/c5ay00529a.
- Soranzo A. Simultaneous color contrast / In book: Encyclopedia of Color Science and Technology. Editors: Ming Ronnier Luo. 2016. DOI: 10.1007/978-1-4419-8071-7_268.
- Kozlov Vadim A.
- Doctor of Biological Sciences, Candidate of Medical Sciences, Professor of the Department of Medical Biology with a course in Microbiology and Virology, Chuvash State University, Russia, Cheboksary (email@example.com; ORCID: https://orcid.org/0000-0001-7488-1240)
- Sapozhnikov Sergey P.
- Doctor of Medical Sciences, Head of the Department of Medical Biology with a course in Microbiology and Virology, Chuvash State University, Russia, Cheboksary (firstname.lastname@example.org; ORCID: https://orcid.org/0000-0003-0967-7192)
Kozlov V.A., Sapozhnikov S.P. Colorimetry of Histological Material [Electronic resource] // Acta medica Eurasica. – 2020. – №4. P. 7-18. – URL: http://acta-medica-eurasica.ru/en/single/2020/4/2/. DOI: 10.47026/2413-4864-2020-4-7-18.