Mukhamedzhanova L.R., Nikitina L.I., Egorov М.A., Galeeva A.R.
Features of Hygienic Care for Lingua Plicata
Hygienic care of lingua plicata is of particular relevance, since the degree of microbial contamination of the tongue folds is a key factor in initiation and progression of non-specific glottitises. The aim of the work was to study the effectiveness of hygienic modes of tongue care using "Albadent" balm-rinse in patients having a fissured tongue. Three subgroups of patients were included in the study; patients of the 1st subgroup had their tongues treated with a toothbrush pad, patients of the 2nd subgroup rinsed it with Albadent balm twice, and patients of the 3rd subgroup treated their tongues twice with an irrigator with Albadent balm solution. A comparative assessment of care regimens showed that in patients of the 1st subgroup the hygienic condition of the tongue improved by 2.7 times, and the prevalence of Candida albicans decreased twice. The patients reported unpleasant «scratching» sensations in the tongue after its mechanical treatment. In patients of the 2nd subgroup, the depth of the folds decreased, and hyperemia in the bottom of the folds decreased in half of the observed patients. The hygienic condition of the tongue improved by 2.2 times, and the prevalence of Candida albicans decreased by 2.5 times. Patients reported a pleasant freshness sensation in the tongue after treatment, continuing after spitting for 60-90 minutes. In patients of the 3rd subgroup, the depth of the folds changed insignificantly in the direction of decrease, and hyperemia of the bottom was not detected. The hygienic condition of the tongue improved twice, and the prevalence of Candida albicans decreased by 2 times. Patients reported a pleasant freshness sensation in the tongue after rinsing, continuing after spitting for 40–60 minutes.
- Izmailova G.R., Lisovskaya S.A., Mukhamedzhanova L.R. Izuchenie sposobnosti k formirovaniyu bioplenok drozhzhevymi gribami Kandida na razlichnykh poverkhnostyakh [Exploring the ability to form biofilms by Candide yeast mushrooms on different surfaces]. Problemy meditsinskoi mikologii, 2018, vol. 20, no. 2, p. 74.
- Izmailova G.R., Khaldeeva E.V., Lisovskaya S.A., Mukhamedzhanova L.R. Analiz virulentnoi aktivnosti shtammov Candida albicans, vydelennykh so slizistoi obolochki yazyka bol’nykh s khronicheskim kandidoznym glossitom [Analysis of Virulent Activity of Candida Albicans Strains Isolated from the Mucous Membrane of the Tongue in Patients with Chronic Candidal Glossitis]. Problemy meditsinskoi mikologii, 2018, vol. 20, no. 3, pp. 40–43.
- Ulitovskii S.B. Gigiena polosti rta v parodontologii [Oral hygiene in periodontology]. Moscow, Meditsinskaya kniga Publ., 2006, 268 p.
- Frolova L.B, Mukhamedzhanova L.R. Lyuminoskopicheskoe issledovanie na ambulatornom stomatologicheskom prieme: osobennosti interpretatsii rezul’tatov [Luminoscopical examination at outpatient dental appointment: features of interpretation of results]. Dental Magazine, 2016, no. 7(151), pp. 16–18.
- Shoev S.Kh. Ekstraktsiya i identifikatsiya biologicheski aktivnykh organicheskikh komponentov prirodnogo mumie: avtoref. dis… kand. khim. nauk [Extraction and identification of biologically active organic components of natural mummies. Abstract of Cand. Diss.]. Dushanbe, 2019, 26 p.
- Yamashev I.G. Klinicheskaya lingvalogiya [Clinical linguology]. Moscow, GEOTAR-Media Publ., 2007, 288 p.
- Mukhamedzhanova Lyubov R.
- Doctor of Medical Sciences, Professor, Department of Propaedeutics of Dental Diseases and New Technologies, Chuvash State University, Russia, Cheboksary (email@example.com; ORCID: https://orcid.org/0000-0003-0752-6497)
- Nikitina Louise I.
- Candidate of Medical Sciences, Head of the Department of Propeadeutics of Dental Diseases and New Technologies, Chuvash State University, Russia, Cheboksary (firstname.lastname@example.org; ORCID: https://orcid.org/0000-0003-4893-0314)
- Egorov Mikhail A.
Candidate of Medical Sciences, Assistant Lecturer, Department
of Рropeаdeutics of Dental Diseases and New Technologies, Chuvash State University, Russia, Cheboksary (email@example.com; )
- Galeeva Arina R.
- 3rd Year Student, Medicine Faculty, Chuvash State University, Russia, Cheboksary (firstname.lastname@example.org; )
Mukhamedzhanova L.R., Nikitina L.I., Egorov М.A., Galeeva A.R. Features of Hygienic Care for Lingua Plicata [Electronic resource] // Acta medica Eurasica. – 2020. – №4. P. 1-6. – URL: http://acta-medica-eurasica.ru/en/single/2020/4/1/. DOI: 10.47026/2413-4864-2020-4-1-6.