Zhuravleva Nadezhda V., Karzakova Louise M., Lutkova Tatyana S., Kudryashov Sergey I., Arhipova Anastasia V., Petrova Ekaterina S., Markelova Ludmila L.
Difficulties in Selecting Therapy in a Patient with Seronegative Rheumatoid Arthritis
The article presents a clinical case of seronegative rheumatoid arthritis in a woman of childbearing age. The described case demonstrates the difficulties in selecting therapy for the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis, the principles of correcting the treatment pattern when rheumatoid arthritis is combined with pregnancy. The issues of overcoming the inefficiency of treatment and selecting different treatment patterns are discussed. Genetically engineered biological drugs must be prescribed according to the algorithm of the Russian Rheumatologists Association simultaneously with disease-modifying anti-rheumatic drugs. These recommendations were adhered in the treatment of the patient. The algorithm for managing patients with rheumatoid arthritis also indicates that in case of inefficiency of a genetically engineered biological drug, it is necessary to cancel it and to administer a drug with a different mode of action. In the presented clinical case, we describe these drug selection events in detail. During the treatment period, four drugs from the group of genetically engineered biological drugs were replaced due to their inefficiency. Repeated correction of treatment patterns, an interdisciplinary approach, and equal responsibility of the rheumatologist and the patient herself for the result of treatment contributed to achieving the goal of treatment – reduction in the activity of rheumatoid arthritis, reduction of DAS28 index to 3,1 points. The considered clinical case shows that in the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis, it may be necessary to repeatedly correct the treatment pattern using genetically engineered biological drugs against the background of baseline therapy to achieve remission or low disease activity.
- Karateev A.E., Nasonov E.L., Yahno N.N. et al. Klinicheskie rekomendacii «Racional’noe primenenie nesteroidnyh protivovospalitel’nyh prepa-ratov (NPVP) v klinicheskoj praktike» [Clinical recommendations “Rational use of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) in clinical practice”]. Sovremennaya revmatologiya, 2015, no. 1, pp. 4–23.
- Olyunin Yu.A. Ocenka aktivnosti zabolevaniya pri revmatoidnom artrite: rekomendacii i praktika [Assessment of disease activity in rheumatoid arthritis: recommendations and practice]. Sovremennaya revmatologiya, 2014, no. 2, pp. 15–20.
- Chicherove N.V. Vozmozhnye prichiny neeffektivnosti GIBP pri revmatoidnom artrite i puti ee predotvrashcheniya [Possible causes of gibp inefficiency in rheumatoid arthritis and ways to prevent it]. Sovremennaya revmatologiya, 2012, no. 2, pp. 31–34.
- Angelotti F., Parma A., Cafaro G., Capecchi R., Alunno A., Puxeddu I. One year in review 2017: pathogenesis of rheumatoid arthritis. Clin Exp Rheumatol, 2017, 35(3), pp. 368–378.
- Calabresi E., Petrelli F., Bonifacio A.F., Puxeddu I., Alunno A. One year in review 2018: pathogenesis of rheumatoid arthritis. Clin Exp Rheumatol, 2018, vol. 36(2), pp. 175–184.
- Choy E. Understanding the dynamics: pathways involved in the pathogenesis of rheumatoid arthritis. Rheumatology (Oxford), 2012, vol. 51(5), pp. v3–v11. DOI: 1093/rheumatology/kes113.
- Costa J.O., Lemos L.L., Machado M.A. et al. Infliximab, methotrexate and their combination for the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Rev Bras Reumatol, 2015, vol. 55(2), pp. 146–158. DOI: 10.1016/j.rbr.2014.10.009.
- Lefèvre S., Knedla A., Tennie C. et al. Synovial fibroblasts spread rheumatoid arthritis to unaffected joints. Nat Med., 2009, vol. 15(12), pp. 1414–1420. DOI: 10.1038/nm.2050.
- Singh J.A., Hossain A., Tanjong Ghogomu E. et al. Biologics or tofacitinib for rheumatoid arthritis in incomplete responders to methotrexate or other traditional disease-modifying anti-rheumatic drugs: a systematic review and network meta-analysis. Cochrane Database Syst Rev., 2016, no. CD012183. Published 2016 May 13. DOI: 10.1002/14651858.CD012183.
- Smolen J.S., Landewé R., Bijlsma J. et al. EULAR recommendations for the management of rheumatoid arthritis with synthetic and biological disease-modifying antirheumatic drugs: 2016 update. Ann Rheum Dis., 2017, vol. 76(6), pp. 960–977.
- Smolen J.S., Landew R., Breedveld F.C., Buch M. et al. EULAR recommendations for the management of rheumatoid arthritis with synthetic and biological disease-modifying antirheumatic drugs: 2013 update. Ann Rheum Dis., 2014, vol. 73(3), pp. 492–509. DOI: 10.1136/annrheumdis-2013-204573.
- Winkvist A., Bärebring L., Gjertsson I., Ellegård L., Lindqvist H.M. A randomized controlled cross-over trial investigating the effect of anti-inflammatory diet on disease activity and quality of life in rheumatoid arthritis: the Anti-inflammatory Diet In Rheumatoid Arthritis (ADIRA) study protocol. Nutr J., 2018, vol. 17(1), p. Published 2018 Apr 20. DOI: 10.1186/s12937-018-0354-x.
- Zhuravleva Nadezhda V.
- Candidate of Medical Sciences, Associate Professor of Internal Medicine Department, Chuvash State University, Russia, Cheboksary (email@example.com; ORCID: https://orcid.org/0000-0001-6470-7724)
- Karzakova Luiza M.
- Doctor of Medical Sciences, Professor, Head of Internal Diseases Department, Chuvash State University, Russia, Cheboksary (firstname.lastname@example.org; ORCID: https://orcid.org/0000-0002-5899-6352)
- Lutkova Tatyana S.
- Candidate of Medical Sciences, Associate Professor of Internal Diseases Department, Chuvash State University, Russia, Cheboksary (email@example.com; ORCID: https://orcid.org/0000-0003-2368-5084)
- Kudryashov Sergei I.
- Candidate of Medical Sciences, Assistant Lecturer of Internal Diseases Department, Chuvash State University, Russia, Cheboksary (firstname.lastname@example.org; ORCID: https://orcid.org/0000-0003-2277-9425)
- Arhipova Anastasia V.
- Rheumatologist, Republican Clinical Hospital, Russia, Cheboksary (email@example.com; )
- Petrova Ekaterina S.
- 6th Year Student, Medicine Faculty, Chuvash State University, Russia, Cheboksary (Ekaterina1996.firstname.lastname@example.org; )
- Markelova Ludmila L.
- 5th Year Student, Medicine Faculty, Chuvash State University, Russia, Cheboksary (email@example.com; )
Zhuravleva Nadezhda V., Karzakova Louise M., Lutkova Tatyana S., Kudryashov Sergey I., Arhipova Anastasia V., Petrova Ekaterina S., Markelova Ludmila L. Difficulties in Selecting Therapy in a Patient with Seronegative Rheumatoid Arthritis [Electronic resource] // Acta medica Eurasica. – 2020. – №1. P. 44-51. – URL: http://acta-medica-eurasica.ru/en/single/2020/1/6/.