Sapozhnikov S., Shestipalova M., Diomidova V., Kozlov V., Ivanova N.
Levels of Magnesium and Calcium in the Blood Serum of Residents in One of Russia's Regions
In order to establish the level of magnesium and calcium supply in Chuvashia residents, we analyzed their serum concentrations, which were obtained during blood donation during routine medical examination or by a doctor's referral. 2152 serum samples were analyzed for magnesium (1429 women and 723 men) and 1324 (908 and 416 women and men, respectively) – for calcium. There were no differences in the levels of chemical elements in blood serum neither between males and females, nor between people of different ages (the following age intervals were taken into account: 20–39 years, 40–59 and 60–79). The highest percentage of test results with a magnesium content of less than 0,70 mmol / l is observed in the group of people with diseases of the digestive system. Moreover, this feature was typical for both women and men (7,19 and 13,58%, respectively). The smallest number of magnesium and calcium samples with results below the reference values in our study was found in the group of examined women with circulatory system diseases, and in the group of men – with endocrine system diseases. These results, expressed as a percentage, were significantly lower than the same indicator obtained when evaluating the elemental composition of blood serum in the total sample, taking gender into account. It is concluded that it is necessary to monitor and correct the nutrient imbalance with preparations containing magnesium and calcium, especially in persons with diseases of the digestive system.
- Vyatkina I.S. Aktualnost izucheniya defitsita magniya u zhenshchin molodogo reproduktivnogo vozrasta (obzor literatury) [Relevance of the study of magnesium deficiency in women of young reproductive age (literature review)]. Byulleten VSNTs SO RAMN, 2012, vol. 6, no. 88, pp. 135–139.
- Gromova O.A., Kalacheva A.G., Satarina T.E., Grishina T.R., Mikadze Yu.V., Torshin I.Yu. Vliyanie preparata Magne–B6 na parametry stressa i kognitivnuyu funktsiyu pri vysokikh psikhoemotsionalnykh nagruzkakh [Effect of Magne-B6 on stress parameters and cognitive function at high psychoemotional loads]. Trudnyi patsient, 2008, no. 2, pp. 2–8.
- Gromova O.A., Kalacheva A.G., Torshin I.Yu., Rudakov K.V., Grustlivaya U.E., Yudina N.V., Egorova E.Yu., Limanova O.A., Fedotova L.E., Gracheva O.N., Nikiforova N.V., Satarina T.E., Gogoleva I.V., Grishina T.R., Kuramshina D.B., Novikova L.B., Lisitsyna E.Yu., Kerimkulova N.V., Vladimirova I.S., Chekmareva M.N., Lyalyakina E.V., Shalaeva L.A., Taleporovskaya S.Yu., Siling T.B., Semenov V.A., Semenova O.V., Nazarova N.A., Galustyan A.N., Sardaryan I.S. Nedostatochnost magniya – dostovernyi faktor riska komorbidnykh sostoyanii: rezultaty krupnomasshtabnogo skrininga magnievogo statusa v regionakh Rossii [Magnesium deficiency – a significant risk factor for comorbid conditions: results of large-scale screening of magnesium status in Russian regions]. Farmateka, 2013, no. 6(259), pp. 115–129.
- Gromova O.A., Torshin I.Yu., Kodentsova V.M. Pishchevye produkty: soderzhanie i usvoenie magniya [Food: the contents and absorption of magnesium]. Terapiya, 2016, no. 5(9), pp. 87–96.
- Gromova O.A., Torshin I.Yu., Tapilskaya N.I. Proteomnyi analiz magnii–zavisimykh belkov [Proteomic analysis of magnesium-dependent proteins]. Meditsinskii sovet, 2017, no. 1, pp. 66–76.
- Karakov K.G., Elbekyan K.S., Makarova G.V. Osnovy biokhimii tkanei i organov polosti rta [Tutorial: Basics of biochemistry of tissues and organs of the oral cavity]. Stavropol, Fabula Publ., 2012, 104 p.
- Kucher A.N. Gen–sredovye vzaimodeistviya kak osnova formirovaniya zdorovya [Geneenvironmental interaction as the basis for the formation of health]. Ekologicheskaya genetika, 2017, vol. 15, no. 4, pp. 19–32.
- Sapozhnikov S.P. Ekologo-biogeokhimicheskie faktory sredy obitaniya i zdorove [Ecological and biogeochemical factors of the environment and health]. Cheboksary, Chuvash University Publ., 2001, 96 p.
- Sapozhnikov S.P. Gigienicheskaya otsenka prichinno–sledstvennykh svyazei microelementnogo sostava vodno–pishchevykh ratsionov s khronicheskimi neinfektsionnymi zabolevaniyami: dis. … kand. med. nauk [Hygienic assessment of cause-and-effect relationships of microelement composition of water-food diets with chronic non-infectious diseases. Abstract of Doct. Diss.]. Kazan, 1991, 23 p.
- Tietz, N.W., ed., Clinical Guide to Laboratory Tests, 3rd Philadelphia, PA, 1995 (Russ. ed.: Entsiklopediya klinicheskikh laboratornykh testov. Moscow, Labirint Publ., 2001 ).
- Khalezov A., Tsalev D. Atomno-emissionnyi analiz [Atomic-emission analysis]. Leningrad, Meditsina Publ., 1983, 200 p.
- Shilov A.M., Melnik M.V., Osiya A.O., Sviridova A.Yu., Gryaznov D.A. Rol defitsita magniya v patogeneze metabolicheskogo sindroma [The role of magnesium deficiency in the pathogenesis of metabolic syndrome]. Russkii meditsinskii zhurnal, 2008, vol. 16, no. 21, pp. 1439–1445.
- Ergashev Yu. Gigienicheskaya otsenka vliyaniya zubnykh protezov na sostoyanie polosti rta: dis. … kand. med. nauk [Hygienic assessment of the influence of dentures on the oral cavity. Abstract of Doct. Diss.]. Irkutsk, 2002, 26 p.
- Yakovleva L.M., Sapozhnikov S.P. Strukturnye izmeneniya tonkogo kishechnika i vsasyvanie khimicheskikh elementov pri eksperimentalnoi alkogolnoi intoksikatsii [Structural changes in the small intestine and absorption of chemical elements in experimental alcohol intoxication]. Narkologiya, 2012, vol. 11, no. 9(129), pp. 44–47.
- Sapozhnikov Sergey P.
- Doctor of Medical Sciences, Head of the Department of Medical Biology with a course in Microbiology and Virology, Chuvash State University, Russia, Cheboksary (firstname.lastname@example.org; ORCID: https://orcid.org/0000-0003-0967-7192)
- Shestipalova Maria
- Doctor of Clinical Laboratory Diagnostics, Clinical Diagnostic Laboratory, City Clinical Hospital № 1, Russia, Cheboksary (email@example.com; )
- Diomidova Valentina N.
- Doctor of Medical Sciences, Professor, Dean of the Medical Faculty, Chuvash State University, Russia, Cheboksary (firstname.lastname@example.org; )
- Kozlov Vadim A.
- Doctor of Biological Sciences, Candidate of Medical Sciences, Professor of the Department of Medical Biology with a course in Microbiology and Virology, Chuvash State University, Russia, Cheboksary (email@example.com; ORCID: https://orcid.org/0000-0001-7488-1240)
- Ivanova Natalia
- Candidate of Biological Sciences, Senior Lecturer, Medical Biology Department with course of Microbiology and Virology, Chuvash State University, Russia, Cheboksary (firstname.lastname@example.org; )
Sapozhnikov S., Shestipalova M., Diomidova V., Kozlov V., Ivanova N. Levels of Magnesium and Calcium in the Blood Serum of Residents in One of Russia’s Regions [Electronic resource] // Acta medica Eurasica. – 2019. – №3. P. 37-42. – URL: http://acta-medica-eurasica.ru/en/single/2019/3/5/.