Sapozhnikov S., Kozlov V., Golenkov A., Ilyin M.
Chronopatterns in ambulance calls in response to the use of psychoactive substances
The study examined chronological regularities in calling emergency psychiatric care teams during one year by people experiencing negative consequences after ethyl alcohol consumption. It was found that the average age of patients according to F10-F19 class was 38,3±29,1 years, men made 81,4%. Men made calls of emergency psychiatric care teams, which were statistically significant in the number, in the interval from 18.00 to 23.59 (36,7%) and in January (12,3%), and women – on Saturdays and Sundays (40,6%), that is, women preserved the chronological rhythm of the working week, unlike men. The study obtained significant correlations between time series in calling the ambulance during 24 hours by men with chronological characteristics of suicides committed in the condition of alcoholic intoxication by residents of Cheboksary. Chronological peculiarities in calling emergency psychiatric care teams that we revealed significantly differ from the results obtained in other studies. There are grounds to believe that these inconsistencies are associated with human biorhythms being influenced by a complex of natural, environmental, ethnic, economic and urban factors of different intensity which was not taken into account by us and other researchers.
- Artemchuk A.F. Khronobiologiya v narkologii: sezonnye kolebaniya obostrenii alkogol’noi zavisimosti i gospitalizatsii, a takzhe vnutribol’nichnykh retsidivov sredi gorodskikh i sel’skikh zhitelei [Chronobiology in narcology: seasonal fluctuations of exacerbations of alcohol dependence and hospitalization, as well as nosocomial relapses among urban and rural residents]. Narkologiya [Narcology], 2004, no. 7, pp. 7–16.
- Ivanova A.E., Zharikov N.M., Churkin A.A., Aniskin D.B. Samoubiistva v Rossiiskoi Federatsii kak sotsiopsikhiatricheskaya problema [Suicide in the Russian Federation as a sociopsychiatric problem]. Zhurnal nevrologii i psikhiatrii [Journal of Neurology and Psychiatry], 1997, no. 97(6), pp. 9–15.
- Kirpichenko A.A. Izmenenie kontsentratsii polovykh gormonov v syvorotke krovi zhenshchin s alkogol’noi zavisimost’yu [Changes in the concentration of sex hormones in the serum of women with alcohol addiction]. Okhrana materinstva i detstva [Protection of motherhood and childhood], 2003, no. 4-5, pp. 73–75.
- Nemtsov A.V. Vesenne-letnii period kak dopolnitel’nyi faktor riska alkogol’nykh psikhozov [Spring-summer period as an additional risk factor for alcoholic psi-hosts]. Voprosy narkologii [Substance Abuse Issues], 2014, no. 1, pp. 26–45.
- Sapozhnikov S.P., Karyshev P.B., Kichigin V.A., Golenkov A.V. Zavisimost’ chastoty samoubiistv sredi gorodskogo naseleniya Chuvashii ot vremeni sutok i priema alkogolya [The dependence of the suicide rate among the urban population of Chuvashia on the time of day and alcohol intake]. Narkologiya [Narcology], 2013, no. 13(143), pp. 46–50.
- Sapozhnikov S.P., Karyshev P.B., Kichigin V.A., Golenkov A.V., Malov I.P. Svyaz’ potrebleniya alkogolya s samoubiistvami i dnyami nedeli u gorodskikh zhitelei Chuvashii [The relationship of alcohol consumption with suicides and days of the week among the urban residents of Chuvashia]. Narkologiya [Narcology], 2012, vol. 11, no. 8(128), pp. 87–91.
- Sapozhnikov S.P., Kozlov V.A., Golenkov A.V., Kichigin V.A., Karyshev P.B. Biosotsial’nyi i khronologicheskii risk soversheniya samoubiistv. Vliyanie alkogolya [Biosocial and chronological suicide risk. Effect of alcohol]. Narkologiya [Narcology], 2016, vol. 15, no. 1(169), pp. 33–38.
- Sapozhnikov S.P., Kozlov V.A., Karyshev P.B., Kichigin V.A., Golenkov A.V. Vliyanie priema alkogolya na khronobiologicheskie ritmy suitsidal’noi aktivnosti u patsientov, nakhodivshikhsya pod nablyudeniem narkologa i psikhiatra [The effect of alcohol on the chronobiological rhythms of suicidal activity in patients under the supervision of a narcologist and a psychiatrist]. Zhurnal nevrologii i psikhiatrii imeni C.C. Korsakova [Journal of Neurology and Psychiatry. C.C. Korsakov], 2016, vol. 116, no. 11-2, pp. 30–35.
- Sapozhnikov S.P., Kozlov V.A., Kichigin V.A., Golenkov A.V. Vliyaet li alkogol’ na chastotu suitsidov? [Does alcohol affect suicide rates?]. Narkologiya [Narcology], 2017, vol. 16, no. 11(191), pp. 28–34.
- Shuvalov S.A., Buzik O.Zh., Kibitov A.O. Ostrye alkogol’nye psikhozy i sudorozhnye pripadki u bol’nykh alkogolizmom: rol’ vozrasta, pola i sezonnogo faktora [Acute alcoholic psychosis and convulsive seizures in patients with alcoholism: the role of age, sex and seasonal factor]. Voprosy narkologii [Substance Abuse Issues], 2012, 6, pp. 35–53.
- Sapozhnikov Sergey P.
- Doctor of Medical Sciences, Professor, Head of Department Medical Biology with a Course in Microbiology and Virology, Chuvash State University, Russia, Cheboksary (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Kozlov Vadim A.
- Doctor of Biological Sciences, Professor of Department Medical Biology with a Course in Microbiology and Virology, Chuvash State University, Russia, Cheboksary (email@example.com)
- Golenkov Andrey V.
- Doctor of Medical Sciences, Professor, Head of Department of Psychiatry, Medical Psychology and Neurology, Chuvash State University, Russia, Cheboksary (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Ilyin Mikhail Vladimirovich
- normal and topographic anatomy with operative surgery department senior lecturer, Chuvash State University, Russia, Cheboksary (email@example.com)
Sapozhnikov S., Kozlov V., Golenkov A., Ilyin M. Chronopatterns in ambulance calls in response to the use of psychoactive substances [Electronic resource] // Acta medica Eurasica. – 2019. – №1. P. 25-32. – URL: http://acta-medica-eurasica.ru/en/single/2019/1/4/.