Anokhina A., Loseva T., Golenkov A., Losev A.
The factors of the adolescence adaptation to the orthodontic treatment in the period of permanent dentition
The goal of this study was to reveal factors influencing the degree of adaptation to orthodontic treatment in adolescents in the period of permanent dentition formation. A diagnostic survey and orthodontic treatment of 76 patients aged from 12 to 15 years with distal occlusion was carried out. Clinical examination of the patients was supplemented by using psychodiagnostic methods of A.E. Lichko and N.Y. Ivanova with the purpose to determine character accentuations of the adolescents. The analysis of family relationships was performed by the test methodology of E.G. Eidemiller, V.V. Yustitskis for parents. Determination of the adaptation degree in patients was carried out according to the technique of E.P. Vasilenko, I.V. Tokarevich. Mathematics-statistical processing of the results was carried out using the x2-allocation of one-way ANOVA test method. It was revealed that the degree of adaptation to orthodontic treatment in children with distal occlusion aged 12-15 years depended on the psychological type of the adolescent's personality, stereotype of education in his family, as well as on the type of orthodontic appliance used and difficulties of treatment. The identified adaptation factors can be used to predict the degree of adolescent’s adaptation to forthcoming orthodontic treatment.
- Anokhina A.V., Loseva T.V. Otsenka rasprostranennosti distal’noi okklyuzii i metodov ee lecheniya v usloviyakh gorodskoi stomatologicheskoi polikliniki g. Cheboksary [The evaluation of the effectiveness of distal occlusion and methods of its treatment in Cheboksary city dental clinic.]. Mezhdunarodnyi Nauchnyi Institut «Educatio» [International Scientific Institute “Educatio”], 2016, no. 2(20), pp. 20–23.
- Anokhina A.V., Loseva T.V., Losev A.V. Problema adaptatsii patsientov k ortodonticheskomu lecheniyu [The problem of patients’ adaptation to orthodontic treatment]. Acta medica Eurasica, 2017, no. 1, pp. 10–16. Available at: http://acta-medica-eurasica.ru/single/2017/1/2.
- Vasilenko E.P., Tokarevich I.V. Otsenka urovnya adaptatsii detei k standartnym s”emnym ortodonticheskim apparatam [Assessment of children’s level of adaptation to the standard removable orthodontic appliances]. Aktual’nye problemy sovremennoi meditsiny: sb. nauch.-prakt. materialov BGMU [Actual problems of modern medicine: Coll. scientific-practical. BSMU materials]. Minsk, 2010, pp. 1–
- Garbatsevich N.A. Prognozirovanie iskhoda ortodonticheskogo lecheniya u 8-12-letnikh detei: avtoref. dis. … kand. med. nauk [Predicting the outcome of orthodontic treatment in 8-12-year-olds. Abstract of Doct. Diss.]. Minsk, 1994, 32 p.
- Gartfel’der D.V., Golenkov A.V. Metody statisticheskogo analiza v psikhologii i meditsine [Methods of statistical analysis in psychology and medicine]. Cheboksary, Chuvash University Publ., 2007, 154 p.
- Demina N.A. Emotsional’no-lichnostnye osobennosti patsientov pri ambulatornom lechenii stomatologicheskikh zabolevanii: dis. … kand. psikh. nauk [Emotionally-personal features of patients in outpatient treatment of dental diseases. Doct. Diss.]. Moscow, 1999, 180 p.
- Kirgizova E.S. Sposoby korrektsii psikhoemotsional’nogo sostoyaniya i bolevoi reaktsii patsientov pri ortodonticheskom lechenii: avtoref. dis. … kand. med. nauk [Methods of correction of mental and emotional states and pain response of patients in orthodontic treatment]. Moscow, 2008, 22 p.
- Golenkov V., ed. Psikhologicheskoe obsledovanie detei i podrostkov [The psychological examination of children and adolescents]. Cheboksary, Chuvash University Publ., 2004, 112 p.
- Persin L.S. Diagnostika i lechenie zubochelyustno-litsevykh anomalii i deformatsii [Orthodontics. Diagnosis and treatment of dental-maxilla-facial abnormalities and deformities]. Moscow, GEOTAR-Media Publ., 2016, 640 p.
- Proffit W.R. Contemporary orthodontics. St. Louis, Mosby, 2000 (Russ. ed.: Sovremennaya ortodontiya. Moscow, MEDpress-inform Publ., 2006, 560 p.).
- Syrgii I.V. Sovremennye podkhody k kompleksnoi reabilitatsii patsientov s distal’noi okklyuziei v periode doshkol’nogo vozrasta: avtoref. dis. … kand. med. nauk. [Contemporary approaches to the complex rehabilitation of patients with distal occlusion in the period of pre-school age. Abstract of Doct. Diss.]. Voronezh, 2010, 25 p.
- Tabatadze V.G. Vzaimootnosheniya vracha-ortodonta i rebenka-patsienta v stomatologicheskoi praktike: avtoref. diss. … kand. med. nauk [Relations between the orthodontist and the child-patient in the dental practice. Abstract of Doct. Diss.]. Moscow, 2007, 24 p.
- Eidemiller E., Yustitskis V. Psikhologiya i psikhoterapiya sem’i. [Psychology and Psychotherapy of the family]. St. Petersburg, Piter Publ., 2010, 1160 p.
- Aidaros A.M. Factors affecting treatment duration in a group of Egyptian Angle class I patients; a retrospective study. Dent. Med. Sci., 2015, vol. 14, no. 8, pp. 30–41.
- Annemieke B., Hoogstraten J., Praul-Andresen B. Towards a comprehensive model for the study of compliance in orthodontics. J. Orthod., 2005, vol. 27, no. 10, pp. 296–301.
- Pramod K., Sinha P., Ram S. Nanda Improving patient Compliance in orthodontic Practice. Orthod., 2000, vol. 29, no. 6, pp. 237–241.
- Golenkov Andrey V.
- Doctor of Medical Sciences, Professor, Head of Department of Psychiatry, Medical Psychology and Neurology, Chuvash State University, Russia, Cheboksary (email@example.com)
- Losev Andrey Vladimirovich
- candidate of medical sciences, pediatric dentistry department head, Chuvash State University, Russia, Cheboksary (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Loseva Tatiana Vasilievna
- pediatric, therapeutic dentistry and orthodontics department graduate student, Kazan State Medical Academy, Russia, Kazan (email@example.com)
- Anokhina Antonina Vasilievna
- doctor of medical sciences, professor, pediatric, therapeutic dentistry and orthodontics department head, Kazan State Medical Academy, Russia, Kazan (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Anokhina A., Loseva T., Golenkov A., Losev A. The factors of the adolescence adaptation to the orthodontic treatment in the period of permanent dentition [Electronic resource] // Acta medica Eurasica. – 2018. – №2. P. 1-8. – URL: http://acta-medica-eurasica.ru/en/single/2018/2/1/.