Sapozhnikova E., Parandeeva T., Sapozhnikov M.
Quality of life in students with a headache
The article covers the issue of headache among students of the Chuvash state university. The research included 270 students, among them there were 180 girls (67%) and 90 (33%) young men, their average age made 20±1,2 years. 80% of students of construction engineering, historical and geographical, medical faculties suffer from headaches. Deterioration in life quality among students with headaches is noted. It is revealed that girls suffer from headaches more often than young men (86,6% and 65,5% respectively). Some medico-social factors influencing headaches development are studied: alcohol intake, smoking, sleep disorders, irregular food intake, time spent at the computer, etc.
- Grigor’eva V.N., Samofal T.A. Golovnaya bol’ napryazheniya u studentov meditsinskogo vuza: vzaimosvyaz’ s kognitivnymi funktsiyami [Tension headache at students of medical school: interrelation with cognitive functions]. Rossiyskiy zhurnal boli [Russian journal of pain], 2012, no. 3-4, pp. 17–22.
- Ivanov A.A. Kompleksnoe mediko-sotsial’noe issledovanie golovnoy boli u studentov meditsinskogo vuza i puti ee profilaktiki: dis. … kand. med. nauk [Complex medico-social research of a headache at students of medical school and a way of its prophylaxis. Abstract of Ph.D. in Medicine thesis. Kazan, 2011, 22 p.
- Kondrat’ev A.V., Shnayder N.A., Shul’min A.V. Epidemiologiya golovnykh boley [Epidemiology of headaches]. Sovremennye problemy nauki i obrazovaniya [Modern problems of science and education], 2015, no. 6.
- Lebedeva E.R., Kobzeva N.R., Tsypushkina et al. Rasprostranennost’ golovnykh boley u studentov meditsinskogo universiteta soglasno novoy Mezhdunarodnoy klassifikatsii golovnykh boley 3 peresmotra [Abundance of headaches at students of medical university according to new International classification of headaches 3 revisions]. Ural’skiy meditsinskiy zhurnal [Ural medical journal], 2014, no.3, pp. 15–21.
- Lebedeva E.R., Osipova V.V., Tabeeva G.R., Olesen J. Kriterii diagnostiki osnovnykh vidov pervichnykh golovnykh bolei soglasno novym izmeneniyam v Mezhdunarodnoi klassifikatsii golovnykh bolei (MKGB), versiya 3 beta, 2013 [Criteria diagnostics of common types of primary headache according new changes in International Classification of Headache Disorders 3 beta, 2013]. Ural’skiy meditsinskiy zhurnal [Ural medical journal], 2014, no. 3, pp. 5–8.
- Malygina T.Yu., Slobodenyuk E.V. Rasprostranennost’ golovnykh boley sredi studentov Dal’nevostochnogo gosudarstvennogo meditsinskogo universiteta [Abundance of headaches among students of the Far East state medical university]. Dal’nevostochnyy meditsinskiy zhurnal [Far East medical journal], 2015, no. 3, pp. 53–56.
- Arruda M.A., Guidetti V., Galli F. et al. Migraine, tension-type headache, and attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder in childhood: a population-based study. Postgraduate Medicine, 2010. no. 122(5), pp. 18–26.
- Battistutta S., Aliverti R., Montico M. et al. Chronic tension-type headache in adolescents. Clinical and psychological characteristics analyzed through self- and parentreport questionnaires. Journal of Pediatric Psychology, 2009, no. 34(7), pp. 697–706.
- Ferri-de-Barros J.E., Alencar M.J., Berchielli L.F. et al. Headache among medical and psychology students. Arquivos de neuro-psiquiatria, 2011, no. 69(3), pp. 502–508.
- Prajsner B., Gergont A., Kasinski M. Psychological characteristics of children and adolescents with primary headache. Przeglad Lekarski journal, 2004, no. 61(11), pp. 1228–1234.
- Souza-e-Silva H.R., Rocha-Filho P.A. Headaches and academic performance in university students: a cross-sectional study. Headache, 2011, no. 51(10), pp.1493–1502.
- Torelli P., Abrignani G., Castellini P. et al. Human psyche and headache: tensiontype headache. Neurological Sciences, 2008. no. 29 (supplement 1), pp. 93–95.
- Waldie K.E, Welch D. Cognitive function in tension-type headache. Current Pain and Headache Reports, 2007, no. 11(6), pp. 454–460.
- Sapozhnikova Evgeniya Valentinovna
- candidate of medical sciences, internal diseases with a course of radiation diagnosis department associate professor, Chuvash State University, Russia, Cheboksary (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Parandeeva Tatiana Vladislavovna
- internal medicine propedeutics with a course of radiation diagnosis department clinical intern, Chuvash State University, Russia, Cheboksary (email@example.com)
- Sapozhnikov Mikhail Yurievich
- doctor of medical sciences, internal medicine propedeutics with the course of radiation diagnosis department associate professor , Chuvash State University, Russia, Cheboksary (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Sapozhnikova E., Parandeeva T., Sapozhnikov M. Quality of life in students with a headache [Electronic resource] // Acta medica Eurasica. – 2017. – №4. P. 31-36. – URL: http://acta-medica-eurasica.ru/en/single/2017/4/5/.