Volkov V., Volkov S.
The role of glucorticoid hormones and vasopressors in septic shock treatment
The results of treatment of 65 patients with septic shock were analyzed. Among them there were 46 males, 19 female, their age ranged between 36 and 78 years. Causes of septic shock development were purulent peritonitis, purulent pleuritis, intraabdominal abscesses of different localization and retroperitoneal phlegmone observed in 846 patients after gastrectomy due to gastric cancer and other gastric diseases. The key role of severe intravascular inflammation in pathogenesis of sepsis and septic shock was highlighted. Indications to use vasopressors and glucocorticoids in septic shock were established. Septic shock was the cause of fatal outcome in 38 (58,5%) patients.
- Volkov V.E. Primenenie kortikosteroidov pri shoke [Use of Corticosteroids in shock]. Cheboksary, Chuvashknigoizdat Publ., 1974, 96 p.
- Marino P.L. The ICU Book 3rd Philadelphia [etc.], Wolters Kluwer, Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, 2007 (Russ. ed: Intensivnaia terapiia. Moscow, GEOTAR-Media Publ., 2012.).
- Malyshev V.D., Sviridov S.V., Vedenina I.V., Omarov Kh.T. Intensivnaia terapiia. 2-e izd. [Intensive therapy. 2nd]. Moscow, MIA Publ., 2009, pp. 373–376.
- Savelev V.S. Sepsis v khirurgii: sostoianie problemy i perspektivy [Sepsis in surgery: state of the art, problems and perspective]. In: Savelev V.S., ed. 80 lektcii po khirurgii [80 lectures in surgery]. Moscow, Litterra Publ., 2008, pp. 696–704.
- Al-Rhafaji A.H., Pinsky M.R. Multiple organ dysfunction syndrome in sepsis (Updated, 2017, Mar. 7). Available at: https://emedicine.medscape.com/article/169640-overview.
- Annane D., Sebille V., Charpentier C. et al. Effect of treatment with low doses of hydrocortisone and fludrocortisones on mortality in patients with septic shock. JAMA, 2002, vol. 288, pp. 862–871.
- Beale R.J., Hollenberg S.M., Vincent J.L. Vasopressor and inotropic Support in septic shock: an evidence-based review. Care Med., 2004, vol. 32 (suppl), pp. S.455–S.465.
- Dellinger R.P., Carlet J.M., Masur H. et al. Campaign guidelines for management of severe sepsis and septic shock. Care Med., 2004, vol. 32, pp. 858–873.
- Hollenberg S.M., Ahrens T.S., Annane D. et al. Practice parameters for hemodynamic support of sepsis in adult patients. Care Med., 2004, vol. 32, pp. 1928–1998.
- Volkov Sergey
- Doctor of Medical Sciences, Professor of Surgical Diseases Department, Chuvash State University, Russia, Cheboksary (email@example.com)
- Volkov Vladimir
- Doctor of Medical Sciences, Professor, Head of Surgical Diseases Department, Chuvash State University, Russia, Cheboksary (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Volkov V., Volkov S. The role of glucorticoid hormones and vasopressors in septic shock treatment [Electronic resource] // Acta medica Eurasica. – 2017. – №4. P. 1-8. – URL: http://acta-medica-eurasica.ru/en/single/2017/4/1/