UDC: 616.6- 616-097
Kudryashov S., Leontyeva E., Karzakova L.
The modern features of clinical and immunological manifestations of glomerulonephritis
The research objective was to study the features of the clinical picture and the immune response in patients with glomerulonephritis (GN). The research included the retrospective analysis of clinical records of patients with GN (n = 1381) who received hospitalization in the nephrologic department of the Republican Clinical Hospital of the Ministry of Health of the Chuvash Republic in 2010–2015, and definition of indicators of the innate and adaptive immune responses in 116 patients with GN staying on the stationary office in the same department. As a result of the research it has been established that currently GN has a low-symptom course. Currently GN is characterized by a low-symptom course or lack of clinical manifestations in its early stages, which makes the diagnosis of the disease untimely in 3,4±0,49% of cases. A tenth of patients undergoes transformation of latent GN in clinically manifested variants of the disease (nephrotic, hypertonic and mixed) after 17,4±2,3 months from the moment of laboratory manifestation of the disease. GN is associated with changes in the immune status according to the type of activation of the humoral component against the background of depression of other components of the immune defense.
- Karzakova L.M., Van’kina N.N., Borisova L.V., Muchukova O.M., Andreeva I.I. Izuchenie immunnogo statusa naseleniya, prozhivayushhego v promyshlenno naselennoi zone Chuvashii [The study of the immune status of the population living in the industrially populated zone of Chuvashia]. Immunodeficitnye sostoyaniya v klinike vnutrennih boleznei: tez. dokl. k nauch.-prakt. konf. (Cheboksary) [Proc. of Sci.-Pract. Conf. «Immunodeficiency conditions in the clinic of internal diseases»]. Cheboksary, 1999, p. 38.
- Petrov R.V., Sokolova E.V., Karzakova L.M., Suslikov V.L., Sapozhnikov S.P. Ocenka immunnogo statusa u naseleniya, prozhivayushhego v usloviyah estestvennogo deficita cinka [Assessment of the immune status of the population living in conditions of natural zinc deficiency]. Immunologiya [Immunology], 1989, vol. 10, no 3, pp. 72–75.
- Haitov R.M., Pinegin B.V., Istamov H.I. Ekologicheskaya immunologiya [Ecological immunology]. Moscow, VNIRO Publ., 1995, 219 p.
- Couser W.G. Basic and Translational Concepts of Immune-Mediated Glomerular Diseases. Am. Soc. Nephrol., 2012, vol. 23, no. 3, pp. 381–399.
- Dixon F.J. Feldman D., Vazquez J.J. Experimental glomerulonephritis. The pathogenesis of a laboratory model resembling the spectrum of human glomerulonephritis. Exp. Med., 1961, vol. 113, pp. 899–920.
- Fries J.W., Mendrick D.L., Rennke H.G. Determinants of immune complex-mediated glomerulonephritis. Kidney Int., 1988, vol. 34, pp. 333–345.
- Kambham N. Postinfectious glomerulonephritis. Anat. Pathol., 2012, vol. 19, no. 5, pp. 338–347.
- Koo T.Y., Kim G.H., Park H. Clinicopathologic Features of IgA-Dominant Postinfectious Glomerulonephritis. Korean J. Pathol., 2012, vol. 46, no. 2, pp. 105–114.
- Nasr S.H., D’Agati V.D. IgA-dominant postinfectious glomerulonephritis: a new twist on an old disease. Nephron Clin. Pract., 2011, vol. 119, no. 1, pp. 18–25.
- Nasr S.H., Radhakrishnan J., D’Agati V.D. Bacterial infection-related glomerulonephritis in adults. Kidney Int., 2013, vol. 83, no. 5, pp. 792–803.
- Nast C.C. Infection-related glomerulonephritis: changing demographics and outcomes. Chronic Kidney Dis., 2012, vol. 19, no. 2, pp. 68–75.
- National Kidney Foundation. K/DOQI clinical practice guidelines for chronic kidney disease: evaluation, classification, and stratification. Am J Kidney Dis., 2002, vol. 39, [Suppl 1], S1–266.
- Stahl R.A., Hoxha E. Glomerulonephritis. Med. Wochenschr., 2016, vol. 141, no. 13, pp. 960–968.
- Wilson C.B., Dixon F.J. Diagnosis of immunopathologic renal disease. Kidney Int., 1974, vol. 5, pp. 389–401.
- Worawichawong S., Girard L., Trpkov K. et al. Immunoglobulin A-dominant postinfectious glomerulonephritis: frequent occurrence in nondiabetic patients with Staphylococcus aureus infection. Hum. Pathol., 2011, vol. 42, no. 2, pp. 279–284.
- Karzakova Luiza M.
- Doctor of Medical Sciences, Professor, Head of Internal Diseases Department, Chuvash State University, Russia, Cheboksary (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Kudryashov Sergei I.
- Candidate of Medical Sciences, Assistant Lecturer of Internal Diseases Department, Chuvash State University, Russia, Cheboksary (email@example.com)
- Leontieva Ekaterina Viktorovna
- nephrology unit head, Republican Clinical Hospital, Russia, Cheboksary (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Kudryashov S., Leontyeva E., Karzakova L. The modern features of clinical and immunological manifestations of glomerulonephritis [Electronic resource] // Acta medica Eurasica. – 2017. – №2. P. 13-18. – URL: http://acta-medica-eurasica.ru/en/single/2017/2/3/.