UDC: 616.892 (470ю344) + 616ю895 (470.344)
BBC: 56.145.7 (2 РОС.Чув)
Post-traumatic stress disorder in inhabitants of Chuvashia
The objective is to study by means of questionnaires (scales, forms) the prevalence of post-traumatic Stress Disorders (PTSR), stressful events influencing their development in inhabitants of Chuvashia. 681 inhabitants of the Chuvash Republic (men – 285, women – 396) aged from 18 to 85 years old (middle age – 36,8±15,3 years old) were anonymously interviewed. For identification of PTSR the scale of A. Prins et al. and «A screening questionnaire for identification of frustration of an affective range» were used. Categorical variables were compared using the Chi-square test and using analysis of variance (ANOVA). PTSR were revealed in 3,67% of inhabitants of Chuvashia (4,56% men and 3,03% women). Persons with PTSR had twice more family problems, stressful events connected with work (unemployment), diseases and the death of the loved one. Depressions were identified in 92% of respondents with PTSR, sleep disorders – in 44,9%. Prevalence of PTSR in inhabitants of Chuvashia corresponds to literary data, but distinctions between demographic groups (sex, age, the place of residence, education level) are not revealed. PTSR are closely connected with the development of depressions and number of the earlier stresses.
- Gartfelder D.V., Golenkov A.V. Metody statisticheskogo analiza v psikhologii i meditsine [Methods of statistical analysis in psychology and medicine]. Cheboksary, Chuvash. University Publ., 2007, 154 p.
- Golenkov A.V., Kurakina N.G., Lavrenteva N.V., Golishnikova L.I. Partsial’nye posttravmaticheskie stressovye rasstroistva I depressivnye sostoyaniya u politseiskikh [Partial post-traumatic stress disorders]. Psikhicheskoezdorov’e [Mental Health], 2014, vol. 12, no. 10(101), pp. 32–34.
- Krasnov V.N. Rasstroistva affektivnogo spectra [Affective disorders]. Moscow, Prakticheskaya meditsina Publ., 2011, 432 p.
- Nuller Yu.L., Tsirkin S.Yu., eds. MKB-10 peresmotra. Klassifikatsiya psikhicheskikh I povedencheskikh rasstroistv: klinicheskie opisaniya I ukazaniya po diagnostike [Revision ICD-10. Classification of mental and behavioural disorders: clinical descriptions and indicatings on diagnostics]. Petersburg, Overlaid Publ., 1994, 304 p.
- Sidorova A.V., Ivanova I.S., Sudyakova M.Yu., Andreeva A.P. Posttravmaticheskie stressovye rasstroistva u studentov meditsinskogo vuza [Post-traumatic stress disorders in students of medical school]. Mezhdunarodnyi studencheskii nauchnyi vestnik [International student’s scientific bulletin], 2015, no. 1, pp. 11.
- Chang J.C., Yen A.M., Chen H.H., Chen S.L., Chiu S.Y., Fann J.C., Lee C.S. Comorbid diseases as risk factors for incidentposttraumatic stress disorder(PTSD) in a large community cohort (KCIS no.PSY4). Rep., 2017, Jan., vol. 27, no. 7, p. 41276.
- Fan F., Zhou Y., Liu X. Sleep Disturbance PredictsPosttraumatic Stress Disorderand Depressive Symptoms: A Cohort Study of Chinese Adolescents. Clin. Psychiatry, 2016, Aug. 30.
- Goldstein R.B., Smith S.M., Chou S.P., Saha T.D., Jung J., Zhang H., Pickering R.P., Ruan W.J., Huang B., Grant B.F. Theepidemiologyof DSM-5 posttraumatic stress disorderin the United States: results from the National Epidemiologic Survey on Alcohol and Related Conditions-III. Psychiatry. Psychiatr. Epidemiol., 2016, Aug., vol. 51, no. 8, pp. 1137–1148.
- Greene T., Neria Y., Gross R. Prevalence, Detection and Correlates of PTSD in the Primary Care Setting: A Systematic Review. Clin. Psychol. Med. Settings, 2016, Jun., vol. 23, no. 2, pp. 160–180.
- Javidi H., Yadollahie M. Post-traumatic Stress Disorder. J. Occup. Environ. Med., 2012, Jan., vol. 3, no. 1, pp. 2–9.
- Lassemo E., Sandanger I., Nygård J.F., Sørgaard K.W. The epidemiology of post-traumatic stress disorder in Norway: trauma characteristics and pre-existing psychiatric disorders. Psychiatry Psychiatr. Epidemiol., 2017, Jan., vol. 52, no. 1, pp. 1–19.
- Pietrzak R.H., Goldstein R.B., Southwick S.M., Grant B.F. Psychiatric comorbidity of full and partialposttraumatic stress disorderamong older adults in the United States: results from wave 2 of the National Epidemiologic Survey on Alcohol and Related Conditions. J. Geriatr. Psychiatry, 2012, May, vol. 20, no. 5, pp. 380–390.
- Prins A., Ouimette P., Kimerling R., Sheikh J. The primary care PTSD screen (PC-PTSD): development and operating characteristics. Primary Care Psychiatry, 2003, vol. 9, no. 1, pp. 9–14.
- Stein M.B., McQuaid J.R., Pedrelli P., LenoxR., McCahill M.E. Posttraumatic stress dis-order in the primary care medical setting. Hosp. Psychiatry, 2000, Jul.-Aug., vol. 22, no. 4, pp. 261–269.
- Golenkov Andrey V.
- Doctor of Medical Sciences, Professor, Head of the Department of Psychiatry, Medical Psychology and Neurology, Chuvash State University, Russia, Cheboksary (email@example.com; ORCID: https://orcid.org/0000-0002-3799-0736)
Golenkov A. Post-traumatic stress disorder in inhabitants of Chuvashia [Electronic resource] // Acta medica Eurasica. – 2017. – №2. P. 1-5. – URL: http://acta-medica-eurasica.ru/en/single/2017/2/1/.