Experience of echography use in early diagnosis of obesity
Studying the opportunities of ultrasonic methods in early diagnostics of obesity was the research objective. The screening group included 28135 people ranging 18-86 years of age who passed complex examination in the health center of state-financed institution «Municipal Hospital No. 1» of the Ministry of Public Health of Chuvashia. The main study group consisted of 196 working-age persons, of them 95 were men (48,5%) and 101 (51,5%) were women, control group was made of 40 persons. The average age of main group examinees made 39,1±8,17 years old, in control group it was 38,6±8,41 years old. In addition to standard complex examination performed in the health center all examinees of the main and control groups passed a complex echography assessment of fatty tissue using fatty tissue study technique developed by the author. Prevalence of obesity among persons of working-age is studied. Its place among risk factors of chronic noninfectious diseases is defined. A comparative analysis of subcutaneous and visceral fat echographic indicators depending on body weight class, their dependence on cholesterol and arterial pressure values is carried out. The parameters received are processed by standard methods of statistics, at p ≤ 0,05 values were considered statistically significant (they are confirmed by data of computer tomography). The results of study prove functionality and advisability of fatty tissue echography use in the algorithm of screening examinations of population owing to its high informative value, non-invasiveness and availability.
- Butrova S.A. Metabolicheskii sindrom: patogenez, klinika, diagnostika, podkhody k lecheniyu [Metabolic syndrome: pathogenesis, clinic, diagnostics, approaches to treatment]. Russkii meditsinskii zhurnal [Russian medical journal], 2001, vol. 9, no.2, pp. 56–60.
- Diomidova V.N., Spiridonova T.K., Voropaeva L.A. Rol’ ekhografii v rannei diagnostike ozhireniya u lits trudosposobnogo vozrasta (na primere tsentra zdorov’ya) [An ekhografiya role in early diagnosis of obesity at working-age persons (on the example of the center of health)]. Vestnik Chuvashskogo universiteta, 2012, no. 3, pp. 397–404.
- Kolodko V.G. Struktura infarkta miokarda v usloviyakh krupnogo promyshlennogo goroda Krainego Severa [Structure of a myocardial infarction in the conditions of the large industrial city of Far North]. V mire nauchnykh otkrytii [In the world of discoveries], 2010, no. 4(10), part 9, pp. 102–103.
- Markova T.N., Kichigin V.A., Madyanov I.V., Semakina S.M., Diomidova V.N. Gormonal’no-metabolicheskie aspekty formirovaniya ozhireniya i metabolicheskogo sindroma v etnicheskikh gruppakh (na primere populyatsii Chuvashskoi Respubliki) [Hormonal and metabolic aspects of forming of obesity and a metabolic syndrome in ethnic groups (on the example of population of the Chuvash Republic)]. Terapevticheskii arkhiv [Therapeutic archive], 2014, vol. 86, no. 5, pp. 73–77.
- Nikolaev D.V., Smirnov A.V., Bobrinskaya I.G., Rudnev S.G. Bioimpedansnyi analiz sostava tela cheloveka [Bioimpedance analysis of structure of a body of the person]. Moscow, Nauka Publ., 2009, p. 391.
- Oganov R.G., Maslennikova G.Ya. Epidemiyu serdechno-sosudistykh zabolevanii mozhno ostanovit’ usileniem profilaktiki [Epidemic of cardiovascular diseases can be stopped prevention strengthening]. Profilakticheskaya meditsina [Preventive medicine], 2009, no. 6, pp. 3–7.
- Diomidova V.N., Spiridonova T.K., Voropaeva L.A. et al. Ul’trazvukovoi sposob opredeleniya tolshchiny zhirovoi tkani v abdominal’noi oblasti [An ultrasonic method of determination of thickness of fatty tissue in abdominal area]. Patent RF, no. 2525664 RF, 2014.
- Rovda Yu.I., Minyailova N.N., Sundukova E.L. Tolshchina epikardial’nogo zhira kak marker vistseral’nogo zhirootlozheniya i rannikh kardiovaskulyarnykh oslozhnenii ozhire-niya u detei i podrostkov [Thickness of epikardialny fat as a marker of a visceral zhirootlozheniye and early cardiovascular complications of obesity at children and teenagers]. Pediatriya [Pediatrics], 2010, vol. 89, no. 5, pp. 51–56.
- Spiridonova T.K., Diomidova V.N. Ul’trazvukovye tekhnologii v tsentrakh zdorov’ya – potentsial dlya rannei diagnostiki ozhireniya [Ultrasonic technologies in the centers of health – the potential for early diagnosis of obesity]. Kazanskii meditsinskii zhurnal [Kazan medical journal], 2016, vol. 97, no. 2, pp. 191–199.
- Armellini F., Zamboniе М. Totalеand intraabdominalеfat measurements by ultrasound and comput dеtomography. Int. J. Obes., 1993, vol. 17, p. 209–214.
- Spiridonova Tatiana Konstantinovna
- candidate of medical sciences, internal diseases propaedeutics with a course of radiation diagnosis department associate professor , Chuvash State University, Russia, Cheboksary (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Spiridonova T. Experience of echography use in early diagnosis of obesity [Electronic resource] // Acta medica Eurasica. – 2016. – №3. P. 32-38. – URL: http://acta-medica-eurasica.ru/en/single/2016/3/6/