Karzakova L., Anisimova T., Efimova E., Kudryashov S., Ukhterova N., Korobkova N., Sidorov I., Nikitina E.
Features of cytokines production in various periods of hemorrhagic fever with a renal syndrome
The purpose of the research is to study the features of cytokines production in patients with hemorrhagic fever with a renal syndrome (HFRS). The examination involved 54 HFRS patients. Laboratory studies included determination of main cytokines concentration circulating in the blood – IL-1β, IL-2, IL-6, IL-8, IL-10, TNFα, IFN-γ and the one of receptor antagonist IL-1β – Rа-IL-1β by enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA) in the system of bideterminant antigen testing with the use of peroxidase as an indicator enzyme using standard sets («Cytokine», St. Petersburg) in conformity with the technique attached to the set. Features of the cytokine profile depending on HFRS period (oliguric, polyuric periods, reconvalescence) are established. In HFRS patients an increase in the levels of pro- and anti-inflammatory cytokines (IL-1β, IL-6, IL-10, IFN-γ and RA-IL-1β) was observed in oligouric period; in polyuric period there was a decrease in the production of these cytokines. The most informative indicator of cytokine profile in HFRS patients was IL-10/IFN-γ index which reached its maximum value in oliguric period, it decreased progressively as infectious process reversed, but continued to remain above reference values in reconvalescence period.
- Karzakova L.M., Sidorov I.A., Volkov A.N., Kudryashov S.I. Osobennosti citokinovogo profilja pri gnojno-vospalitel‘nyh zabolevanijah lica i shei [Some features of cytokine profile in severe pyoinflammatory diseases of face and neck]. Medicinskaja immunologija [Medical Immunology], 2012, vol. 14, pp. 433–438.
- Tkachenko E.A., Bernshtejn A.D., Dzagurova T.K. et al. Aktual’nye problemy sovremennogo jetapa izuchenija gemorragicheskoj lihoradki s pochechnym sindromom v Rossii [Actual problems of the present stage of studying of hemorrhagic fever with a renal syndrome in Russia]. Zhurnal mikrobiologii, epidemiologii i immunologii [Journal of Microbiology Epidemiology and Immunobiology], 2013, no. 1, pp. 51–58.
- Cosgriff T.M. Mechanisms of disease in Hantavirus infection: pathophysiology of hemorrhagic fever with renal syndrome. Rev. Infect. Dis.,1991, vol. 13, pp. 97–107.
- Dinarello C.A. The biological properties of interleukin-1. Eur. Cit. Net., 1994, no. 5, p. 117.
- Gavrilovskaya I.N., Gorbunova E.E., Mackow N.A., Mackow E.R. Hantaviruses direct endothelial cell permeability by sensitizing cells to the vascular permeability factor VEGF, while angiopoietin 1 and sphingosine 1-phosphate inhibit hantavirus-directed permeability. J. Virol., 2008, vol. 82, pp. 5797–5806.
- Kariwa H., Yoshimatsu K., Arikawa J. Hantavirus infection in East Asia. Comp. Immunol. Microbiol. Infect. Dis., 2007, vol. 30, pp. 341–356.
- Kitamura T., Morita C., Komatsu T. et al. Isolation of virus causing hemorrhagic fever with renal syndrome (HFRS) through a cell culture system. Jpn. J. Med. Sci. Biol., 1983, vol. 36, pp. 17–25.
- Mallat Z., Besnard S., Duriez M. et al. Protective role of interleukin-10 in atherosclerosis. Circ. Res., 1999, vol. 85, pp. 17-24.
- Niikura M., Maeda A., Ikegami T. et al. Modification of endothelial cell functions by Hantaan virus infection: prolonged hyper-permeability induced by TNF-alpha of hantaan virus-infected endothelial cell monolayers. Arch. Virol., 2004, vol. 149, pp. 1279–1292.
- Yu H., Jiang W., Du H. et al. Involvement of the Akt/NF-κB pathways in the HTNV-mediated increase of IL-6, CCL5, ICAM-1, and VCAM-1 in HUVECs. PLoS One, 2014, vol. 9, no. 4, pp. e93810.
- Zaki S.R., Greer P.W., Coffield L.M. et al. Hantavirus pulmonary syndrome. Pathogenesis of an emerging infectious disease. Am. J. Pathol., 1995, vol. 146, pp. 552–579.
- Zhang Y., Li X.H., Jiang H. et al. Expression of L protein of Hantaan virus 84FLi strain and its application for recovery of minigenomes. APMIS, 2008, vol. 116, pp. 1089–1096.
- Karzakova Luiza M.
- Doctor of Medical Sciences, Professor, Head of Internal Diseases Department, Chuvash State University, Russia, Cheboksary (firstname.lastname@example.org; ORCID: https://orcid.org/0000-0002-5899-6352)
- Anisimova Tatyana A.
- Candidate of Medical Sciences, Associate Professor, Department of Children's Diseases, Chuvash State University, Russia, Cheboksary (email@example.com; )
- Kudryashov Sergei I.
- Candidate of Medical Sciences, Associate Professor of Internal Diseases Department, Chuvash State University, Russia, Cheboksary (firstname.lastname@example.org; )
- Korobkova Natalia Fedorovna
- clinic manager, Central City Hospital, Russia, Cheboksary )
- Efimova Elvira Vasilievna
- candidate of medical sciences, pediatrics department associate professor, Chuvash State University, Russia, Cheboksary )
- Ukhterova Nadezhda D.
- Candidate of Medical Sciences, Associate Professor of Internal Medicine Department, Chuvash State University, Russia, Cheboksary (email@example.com; ORCID: https://orcid.org/0000-0003-1808-6845)
- Sidorov Ivan Alexandrovich
- doctor of medical sciences, otorhinolaryngology and maxillofacial surgery department head, Republican Pediatric Clinical Hospital, Russia, Cheboksary (firstname.lastname@example.org; )
- Nikitina Elena Nikolaevna
- 2th hospital therapy department assistant, Chuvash State University, Russia, Cheboksary (email@example.com; )
Karzakova L., Anisimova T., Efimova E., Kudryashov S., Ukhterova N., Korobkova N., Sidorov I., Nikitina E. Features of cytokines production in various periods of hemorrhagic fever with a renal syndrome [Electronic resource] // Acta medica Eurasica. – 2016. – №3. P. 22-28. – URL: http://acta-medica-eurasica.ru/en/single/2016/3/4/.