Golenkov A., Kozlov V., Sapozhnikov S.
DYNAMICS OF MEDICAL STUDENTS’ SATISFACTION WITH EDUCATIONAL SERVICES
The aim of the research is to compare the results of medical university students' satisfaction with the quality and the components of their educational process. We surveyed 976 students in their second – fifth years specializing in three medical spheres («General Medicine» – 565, «Pediatrics» – 157, «Stomatology» – 254) by means of an earlier approved questionnaire that was aimed to find out the students' attitude to the quality of the lectures, practical training, work practice, the professors' publications, provision with textbooks, organizational issues of tests and examinations. The analysis showed that the mean score increased a little practically at all indicators in 2014 as compared to 2010. However, the number of students dissatisfied with lecturing has definitely increased that might have roots in the introduction of multimedia presentations in educational process. To improve the quality of educational services it is necessary to work out a program providing continuous professional development of professors and elimination of the revealed shortcomings.
- Blinova E.G., Gegechkori I.V., Zhernakova G.N., Tol’kova E.I. Otsenka stepeni udovletvorennosti studentov kachestvom prepodavaniya v meditsinskom vuze [Assessment of students’ satisfaction with quality of teaching in medical school]. Sovremennye problemy nauki i obrazovaniya [Modern problems of science and education], 2014, no. 2; URL: www.science-education.ru/116-12537 (data obrashcheniya: 18.07.2015).
- Gaidukova G.N. Sotsiologicheskii monitoring udovletvorennosti potrebitelei kachestvom obrazovatel’nykh uslug [Sociological monitoring of consumers’ satisfaction with quality of educational services]. Vysshee obrazovanie v Rossii [The Higher education in Russia], 2012, no. 11, pp. 105–111.
- Golenkov A.V. Monitoring kachestva uchebnogo protsessa v vuze [Monitoring of quality of educational process in higher education institution]. Vestnik Chuvashskogo universiteta, 2007, no. 1, pp. 92–98.
- Golenkov A.V. Vnutrennyaya uchebnaya motivatsiya u studentov v protsesse izucheniya psikhiatrii [Students’ educational intrinsic motivation in the course of studying psychiatry]. Innovatsionnye tekhnologii v sovremennom obrazovatel’nom protsesse: materialy Mezhdunar. ucheb.-metod. konf. [Proc. of Conf. «Innovative technologies in modern educational process»]. Cheboksary, 2011, pp. 126–128.
- Golenkov A.V., Markov D.S. Udovletvorennost’ studentov-medikov obrazovatel’nymi uslugami [Satisfaction of medical students with educational services]. Innovatsionnye tekhnologii v sovremennom obrazovatel’nom protsesse: materialy Mezhdunar. ucheb.-metod. konf. [ of Conf. «Innovative technologies in modern educational process»]. Cheboksary, 2011, pp. 132–135.
- Diankina M.S., Golenkov A.V., Yakovleva A.V. Kachestvo obucheniya v meditsinskom vuze (psikhologo-pedagogicheskie aspekty) [Quality of training in medical school (psychology and pedagogical aspects)]. Cheboksary, 2008, 274 p.
- Markova N.A. K voprosu o sozdanii ob”ektivnoi sistemy otsenki kachestva obrazovaniya v vuze [An issue of building an objective system of assessment of education quality in higher education institution]. Molodoi uchenyi [Young scientist], 2015, no. 9, pp. 1123–1126.
- Novokreshchenova N.A. Otsenka udovletvorennosti potrebitelei kak informatsionnaya osnova sovershenstvovaniya sistemy menedzhmenta kachestva vuza [Assessment of consumers’ satisfaction as information basis for improvement of quality management system of higher education institution]. Vestnik Volzhskogo universiteta im. V.N. Tatishcheva [The Bulletin of the Volga university of V.N. Tatishchev], 2011, no. 24, pp. 232–237.
- Rusanova A.A. Udovletvorennost’ kak pokazatel’ kachestva obrazovaniya v sovremennom vuze (iz opyta konkretnogo sotsiologicheskogo issledovaniya) [Satisfaction as an indicator of quality of education in modern higher education institution (from experience of concrete sociological research)]. Sovremennye issledovaniya sotsial’nykh problem [Modern researches of social problems], 2012, vol. 7, no. 3, pp. 105–111.
- Burgess A., Oates K., Goulston K., Mellis C. First year clinical tutorials: students’ learning experience. Med. Educ. Pract., 2014, Nov., vol. 28, no. 5, pp. 451–456.
- Darragh L., Baker R., Kirk S. Teaching Medical Students, what do Consultants think? Med. J., 2015, Jan., vol. 84, no. 1, pp. 37–41.
- Sundus A., Haider M.N., Ibrahim M.F., Younus N., Farooqui M.T., Iftikhar F., Siddique O., Aziz S. Medical studentsperception of their medical environment-expected versus actual perceptions – a cross sectional study. Pak. Med. Assoc., 2014, Feb., vol. 64, no. 2, pp. 230–236.
- Golenkov Andrey V.
- Doctor of Medical Sciences, Professor, Head of Department of Psychiatry, Medical Psychology and Neurology, Chuvash State University, Russia, Cheboksary (email@example.com)
- Kozlov Vadim A.
- Doctor of Biological Sciences, Professor of Department Medical Biology with a Course in Microbiology and Virology, Chuvash State University, Russia, Cheboksary (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Sapozhnikov Sergey P.
- Doctor of Medical Sciences, Professor, Head of Department Medical Biology with a Course in Microbiology and Virology, Chuvash State University, Russia, Cheboksary (email@example.com)
Golenkov A., Kozlov V., Sapozhnikov S. Dynamics of medical students’ satisfaction with educational services [Electronic resource] // Acta medica Eurasica. – 2015. – №3. P. 42-47. – URL: http://acta-medica-eurasica.ru/en/single/2015/3/5/.