Ilyina L.Yu., Kozlov V.A., Sapozhnikov S.P., Geraev R.A.
Reaction of the Lymphoid Splenic Tissue in White Mice on Amyloidogenesis
The reaction of lymphoid splenic tissue of mice on albumin model of systemic amyloidosis (case group, N = 5) was studied and compared to a similar indicator of intact mice (N = 5). Paraffin sections of the spleen, stained with hematoxylin and eosin and Congo red, were microscoped in a regredient LED white light on "Lumam-4" microscope. The absolute area of lymphatic follicles (LFs), their diameters and the area of amyloid lesion were measured on microphotos obtained with the help of video-eyepiece Levenhuk C800 NG 8M in LevenhukLite program. The obtained data were used for calculating the indicators: the relative areas of amyloid lesion (SrelA)), the red (SrelKB) and the white (SrelBP) pulp, the red/white pulp index, LFs' ovalityindex. The number of LFs was counted in the field of vision at magnification of 100. The obtained data were processed using the methods of descriptive and variative statistics and presented in the form of M m, where M is the mean, m is the standard deviation. Differences of the means were determined using z test. The morphological pattern of the spleen in intact mice corresponded to the histological norm. The wet mass of the spleen in intact animals was 0.75±0.01 g, no signs of amyloidosis were found. In the case group, the wet mass of the spleen increased to 2.2±0.06 g (p=0.000), SrelA was 33.85± 3.39%. The average number of LFs in the field of vision did not change. The diameters by the large and small axes differed by 18% in intact animals and by 6.6% in experimental ones (p=0.000). Respectively, the area of LFs decreased by 11.2% and the ovality index increased by 10.3% (p = 0.0066) in experimental mice. SrelKB and SrelBPdid not change during the formation of amyloidosis. But the Red/White Pulp Index increased by 59.2% (p=0.008). Simulation of amyloidosis in experimental animals was accompanied by a significant increase in the area of the red pulp and by a reduction in the area of white pulp. Thus, the calculated relative morphometric indicators are more informative than the directly measured initial data; the wet mass of the spleen during experimental amyloidosis formation significantly increases; the lymphoid tissue of the spleen readily responds to amyloidogenesis by the change in the ratio of the red and white pulp, as well as by the change in the shape and the area of the lymph follicles.
- Arlashkina O.M., Struchko G.Yu., Merkulova L.M., Mikhailova M.N. Morfologicheskie kharakteristiki beloi pul’py i dendritnykh kletok selezenki pri eksperimental’nom kantserogeneze [Morphological characteristics of white pulp and spleen dendritic cells in experimental carcinogenesis]. Immunologiya, 2019, no. 40(2), pp. 17–22. DOI: 10.24411/0206-4952-2019-12003.
- Voitsekhovskii V.V., Goborov N.D. Splenomegaliya v klinicheskoi praktike [Splenomegaly in clinical practice]. Amurskii meditsinskii zhurnal, 2019, no. 2(26), pp. 61–77.
- Il’ina L.Yu., Sapozhnikov S.P., Kozlov V.A. Tuchnye kletki i amiloidoklaziya pri eksperimental’nom amiloidoze [Mast cells and amyloidoses in experimental amyloidosis]. Vestnik novykh meditsinskikh tekhnologii, 2019, vol. 26, no. 4, pp. 94–98.
- Kozlov V.A., Sapozhnikov S.P., Karyshev P.B., Sheptukhina A.I., Nikolaeva O.V. Izmenenie kletochnogo sostava selezenki myshei pri eksperimental’nom amiloidoze [Changes in the cell composition of the mouse spleen in experimental amyloidosis]. Morfologicheskie nauki i klinicheskaya meditsina: materialy Vseros. nauch.-prakt. konf. s mezhdunar. uchastiem, posvyash. 100-letiyu so dnya rozhdeniya dotsenta Brilliantovoi Anny Nikolaevny [ of Rus. Sci. Conf. «Morphological Sciences and clinical medicine»]. Cheboksary, Chuvash State Univesity Publ., 2015, pp. 82–84.
- Kozlov V.A., Sapozhnikov S.P., Golenkov A.V., Sheptukhina A.I., Nikolaeva O.V. Amiloid – eto plokho? Amiloid s tochki zreniya supramolekulyarnoi khimii [Amiloid – it is Bad? Amiloid from the Point of View of Supramolecular Chemistry]. Acta medica Eurasica, 2016, no. 1, pp. 50–60. Available at: http://acta-medica-eurasica.ru/single/2016/1/7.
- Kozlov V.A., Sapozhnikov S.P., Karyshev P.B., Sheptukhina A.I., Nikolaeva O.V. Model’ sistemnogo amiloidoza u molodykh myshei [Model of systemic amyloidosis in young mice]. Byulleten’ eksperimental’noi biologii i meditsiny, 2016, vol. 162, no. 10, pp. 523–527.
- Lysenko L.V., Rameev V.V. Diagnostika i lechenie AA-i AL-amiloidoza [Diagnosis and treatment of AA – and AL-amyloidosisMoscow, 2014, 31 p.
- Mel’nikova O.V. Morfofunktsional’naya kharakteristika selezenki krys pri eksperimental’noi giperkal’tsiemii [Morphofunctional characteristics of the rat spleen in experimental hypercalcemia]. Vestnik Ivanovskoi meditsinskoi akademii, 2016, vol. 21, no. 2, pp. 20–24.
- Prokopchik N.I. Kharakteristika amiloidoza pecheni i drugikh organov po dannym autopsii [Characteristics of amyloidosis of the liver and other organs according to autopsies]. Gepatologiya i gastroenterologiya, 2017, no. 1, pp. 80–84.
- Rameev V.V., Kozlovskaya L.V., Sarkisova I.A. Amiloidoz: voprosy diagnostiki i lecheniya [Amyloidosis: issues of diagnosis and treatment]. Klinitsist, 2006, no. 4, pp. 35–41.
- Fufaeva A.I., Kozlov V.A., Sapozhnikov S.P. Kletochnaya reaktsiya na alkogol’ v usloviyakh formirovaniya modeli amiloidoza [Cellular response to alcohol in the conditions of amyloidosis model formation]. Acta Medica Eurasica, 2020, no. 1, pp. 29–36. Available at: http://acta-medica-eurasica.ru/single/2020/1/4.
- Chava S.V., Buklis V. Strukturnaya kharakteristika immunnykh obrazovanii selezenki myshei posle vozdeistviya radiatsionnogo faktora nizkoi intensivnosti [Structural characteristics of immune formations of the spleen of mice after exposure to low-intensity radiation factor]. Morfologicheskie vedomosti, 2011, no. 4, pp. 65–69.
- Ilyina Liliya Yu.
- Senior Lecturer, Department of Medical Biology with a course in Microbiology and Virology, Chuvash State University, Russia, Cheboksary (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Kozlov Vadim A.
- Doctor of Biological Sciences, Professor of Department Medical Biology with a Course in Microbiology and Virology, Chuvash State University, Russia, Cheboksary (email@example.com)
- Sapozhnikov Sergey P.
- Doctor of Medical Sciences, Professor, Head of Department Medical Biology with a Course in Microbiology and Virology, Chuvash State University, Russia, Cheboksary (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Geraev Ruslan A.
- 2nd year Student of the Medicine Faculty, Chuvash State University, Russia, Cheboksary (email@example.com)
Ilyina L.Yu., Kozlov V.A., Sapozhnikov S.P., Geraev R.A. Reaction of the Lymphoid Splenic Tissue in White Mice on Amyloidogenesis [Electronic resource] // Acta medica Eurasica. – 2020. – №3. P. 30-36. – URL: http://acta-medica-eurasica.ru/en/single/2020/3/4/. DOI: 10.47026/2413-4864-2020-3-30-36.