Gazymov M., Filippov D., Ilivanov Yu., Volkov A.
Revisiting diagnosis and treatment of adrenal malignant tumors
During the period from 2010 to 2016 138 patients with hormone-responsive adrenal tumours, 26 patients with hormone-irresponsive adrenal tumors and 38 patients with kidney cancer metastases to the adrenal gland were operated on. Among 80 patients with adrenal kateholamin producing tumors 10 patients (12,5%) had pheochromoblastoma, among 24 patients with Cushing's syndrome, a malignant form of the disease was in 12 (50%), among 26 patients operated for hyperaldosteroma 1 patient (2,9%) had adrenal cancer, among 26 operated patients with great incidentaloma (greater than 5 cm in diameter) cancer of the adrenal gland was revealed in 2 (7,7%). All listed patients underwent adrenalectomy. In 609 patients with renal cell carcinoma nephrectomy was performed, among them 34 (5,6%) were identified to have metastasis (invasion) of the tumor in the adrenal gland, they underwent nephradrenalectomy.
- Britvin T.A., Tarasov D.A. Otdalennye rezul’taty khirurgicheskogo lecheniya adrenokortikal’nogo raka [Long-term results of surgical treatment for adrenocortical cancer]. Sovremennye aspekty khirurgicheskoi endokrinologii: materialy XVIII Ros. simpoziuma s mezhdunar. uchastiem (Izhevsk, 9-11 sentyabrya 2009 g.) [Modern aspects of surgical endocrinology. Articles XVIII Russian symposium with international participation. Izhevsk, 2009, Sept. 9-11]. Izhevsk, 2009, pp. 40–42.
- Davydov M.I., Matveev V.B. Khirurgicheskoe lechenie mestnorasprostranennogo i metastaticheskogo raka pochki: preprint [Surgical treatment of locally advanced and metastatic kidney cancer: Preprint]. Moscow, 1999.
- Glybochko P.V., Alyaev Yu.G., eds. Integrativnaya urologiya. Rukovodstvo dlya vrachei [Integrative Urology. A Guide for Physicians]. Moscow, Medforum Publ., 2014, pp. 111–112.
- Matveev B.P., ed. Klinicheskaya onkourologiya [Clinical Oncology]. Moscow, Verdana Publ., 2003, 716 p.
- Matveev V.B., Boronin A.A. Metastazy raka v nadpochechnik. Rol’ adrenalektomii [Cancer metastases in the adrenal gland. The role of adrenalectomy]. Urologiya [Urology], 2002, no. 3, pp. 11–15.
- Pereverzev A.S. Khirurgiya opukholei pochki i verkhnikh mochevykh putei [Surgery of kidney tumors and upper urinary tract]. Kharkov, Fakt Publ., 1997, pp. 140–143.
- Kalinin A.P., Maisterenko N.A., Vetshev P.S., eds. Khirurgicheskaya endokrinologiya. Rukovodstvo [Surgical Endocrinology. Guide]. St. Petersburg, Piter Publ., 2004, pp. 463–532.
- Kozlovwski J.M. Management of distant solitary recurrence in the patient with renal cancer. Urol. Clin. North. Am.,1994, Nov., vol. 21(4), pp. 601–624.
- Gazymov Minvaley Mingaleevich
- doctor of medical sciences, general surgeons and oncology department professor, Chuvash State University, Russia, Cheboksary (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Filippov David Stanislavovich
- candidate of medical sciences, general surgery and oncology department associate professor, Chuvash State University, Russia, Cheboksary
- Volkov Anatoly Nikandrovich
- doctor of medical sciences, surgical diseases department professor, Chuvash State University, Russia, Cheboksary
- Ilivanov Yury Dmitryevich
- candidate of medical sciences, surgical department head, Republican Clinical Oncologic Dispensary, Russia, Cheboksary
Gazymov M., Filippov D., Ilivanov Yu., Volkov A. Revisiting diagnosis and treatment of adrenal malignant tumors [Electronic resource] // Acta medica Eurasica. – 2017. – №1. P. 28-31. – URL: http://acta-medica-eurasica.ru/en/single/2017/1/5/