Bashkova I.B., Anisimova M.Yu.
The Experience in Conducting the Educational Program for Rheumatoid Arthritis Patients in an Online Mode (in the Form of a Webinar)
The educational program ("School of Health") is an integral part of comprehensive management of rheumatoid arthritis patients. In connection with the pandemic of the new coronavirus infection (COVID-19), as part of prophylactic measures to prevent its spread, to reduce contacts between patients, distance learning becomes an ideal way to conduct an educational program. The aim of this work was to develop and evaluate the effectiveness of the educational program for rheumatoid arthritis patients, implemented in an online mode in the form of webinars. The study involved 16 rheumatoid arthritis patients (14 of them were women) aged 24 to 53 years with average disease duration of 13.6±8.2 years. The "School of Health" consisted of 5 online classes in the form of webinars on Zoom platform lasting 30 minutes each, held at intervals of 3-4 days. The educational program included 4 modules (4 classes): 1) the concept of rheumatoid arthritis, diagnosis and pharmacological therapy; 2) rehabilitation: physical and psychological; orthotics; 3) dietary recommendations, private questions; 4) physical activity, physical therapy. The fifth lesson was aimed at consolidating the knowledge, discussing the issues of entrance testing and the results of questionnaires filled out by patients during the educational process using the Google Forms service. At the end of the training, the level of patients' awareness about their disease increased by 16.3%. One of the positive aspects of distance learning is the opportunity to repeatedly view the training material – all videos of online classes have open access on Youtube resource. In current epidemiological situation, one of the best ways of communication between a doctor and a rheumatoid arthritis patient is an educational program conducted in an online mode in the form of webinars, giving the patient a holistic view of his disease, the goals and tactics of treatment, developing skills of rational behavior in non-professional and professional activities.
- Bashkova I.B., Tsyganova Yu.V., Vorob’eva T.I. Rasprostranennost‘ rasstroistv trevozhno–depressivnogo spektra pri revmatoidnom artrite v Chuvashskoi Respublike: osobennosti kliniki i farmakoterapii [Prevalence of anxiodepressive disorders in rheumatoid arthritis on the Chuvash Republic: specifics of clinical picture and pharmacotherapy]. Acta Medica Eurasica, 2018, no.3, pp. 1–8. URL: http://acta-medica-eurasica.ru/single/2018/3/1/.
- Dydykina I.S., Alekseeva L.I. Osteoporoz pri revmatoidnom artrite: diagnostika, faktory riska, perelomy, lechenie [Osteoporosis in rheumatoid arthritis: diagnostics, risk factors, fractures, treatment]. Nauchno-prakticheskaya revmatologiya, 2011, no. 5(49), pp. 13–17. doi.org/10.14412/1995-4484-2011-1454.
- Lisitsyna T.A., Vel’tishchev D.Yu. Psikhicheskie rasstroistva u bol’nykh revmaticheskimi zabolevaniyami: diagnostika i lechenie [Mental disorders in patients with rheumatic diseases: diagnosis and treatment]. Nauchno-prakticheskaya revmatologiya [Rheumatology Science and Practice], 2015, no. 5(53), pp. 512–521.
- Nasonov E.L. Progress revmatologii v nachale XXI veka [Progress in rheumatology in the early 21st century]. Sovremennaya revmatologiya, 2014, no. 3, pp. 4–8.
- Orlova E.V., Karateev D.E. Effektivnost’ obucheniya bol’nykh revmatoidnym artritom na rannei stadii zabolevaniya [Efficiency of teaching patients with early-stage rheumatoid arthritis]. Sovremennaya revmatologiya, 2014, no. 4, pp. 25–32.
- Orlova E.V., Denisov L.N., Arsent’ev A.O., Karateev D.E. Otsenka priverzhennosti bol’nykh revmatoidnym artritom farmakologicheskim i nemedikamentoznym metodam lecheniya i ee dinamika pod vliyaniem obrazovatel’noi programmy [Assessment of adherence to drug and non-drug treatments and its changes under the influence of an education program in patients with rheumatoid arthritis]. Nauchno-prakticheskaya revmatologiya, 2012, 3(52), pp. 68–74.
- Orlova E.V., Karateev D.E., Bulgakova N.A. Lechenie revmatoidnogo artrita do dostizheniya tseli (Treat to Target): rossiiskaya versiya mezhdunarodnykh rekomendatsii dlya patsientov. Nauchno-prakticheskaya revmatologiya [Treating rheumatoid arthritis to target: Russian version of international guidelines for patients]. Nauchno-prakticheskaya revmatologiya, 2013, no. 3(51), pp. 246–254.
- Otteva E.N. Strukturirovannaya obuchayushchaya programma dlya patsientov s revmatoidnym artritom [The advanced learning program for patients with rheumatoid arthritis]. Nauchno-prakticheskaya revmatologiya, 2009, 4, pp. 101–104.
- Otteva E.N. Tshchatel’nyi kontrol’ – put’ k optimizatsii lecheniya bol’nykh revmatoidnym artritom [Tight control is a way of optimizing the treatment of patients with rheumatoid arthritis]. Sovremennaya revmatologiya, 2010, 2, pp. 58–65.
- Nasonov E.L., ed. Revmatoidnyi artrit [Rheumatoid arthritis]. In: Rossiiskie klinicheskie rekomendatsii. Rheumatology [Russian clinical guidelines. Rheumatology]. Moscow, GEOTAR-Media Publ., 2017, pp. 17–57.
- Saperov V.N. Meditsinskaya etika [Medical ethics]. Moscow, BINOM Publ., 2014, 232 p.
- Brodin N., Eurenius E., Jensen I. et al. Coaching patients with early rheumatoid arthritis to healthy physical activity: a multicenter, randomized, controlled study. Arthritis Rheum., 2008, vol. 59(3), pp. 325–331. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/art.23327.
- Ellard D.R., Barlow J.H., Paskins Z. et al. Piloting education days for patients with early rheumatoid arthritis and their partners: a multidisciplinary approach. Musculoskeletal Care, 2009, vol. 7(1), pp. 17–30. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/msc.137.
- Kaariainen M., Kukkurainen M.L., Kyngas H. et al. Improving the quality of rheumatoid arthritis patients’ education using written information. Musculoskeletal Care, 2011, vol. 9(1), pp. 19–24.
- Smolen J., Landewe R., Breedveld F.C. et al. Treating rheumatoid arthritis to target: recommendations of an international task force. Ann Rheum Dis., 2010, vol. 69(4), pp. 631–637.DOI: http://10.1136/ard.2009.123919.
- Bashkova Inna Yu.
- Candidate of Medical Sciences, Rheumatologist, Federal Center of Traumatology, Orthopedics and Endoprosthetics; Associate Professor, Department of Faculty and Hospital Therapy, Chuvash State University, Russia, Cheboksary (firstname.lastname@example.org; ORCID: https://orcid.org/0000-0003-3509-1072)
- Anisimova Mariya Yu.
- Resident Physician, Department of Faculty and Hospital Therapy, Chuvash State University, Russia, Cheboksary (email@example.com; )
Bashkova I.B., Anisimova M.Yu. The Experience in Conducting the Educational Program for Rheumatoid Arthritis Patients in an Online Mode (in the Form of a Webinar) [Electronic resource] // Acta medica Eurasica. – 2021. – №1. P. 1-10. – URL: http://acta-medica-eurasica.ru/en/single/2021/1/1/. DOI: 10.47026/2413-4864-2021-1-1-10.