Sapozhnikov S., Kichigin V., Kozlov V., Golenkov A., Underov D.
Biosocial factors and their role in the work of emergency psychiatric aid teams
Frequency analysis of the causes for calling emergency psychiatric medical teams (EPMTs), made during 2016 in Cheboksary, the Chuvash Republic, was carried out, it was necessary to predict the daily number of EPMT calls, to organize and improve the efficiency of EPMTs. The aim of the research is to identify regularities in time series in calling EPMTs. The material of the study was the data obtained from mapping extracts of accounting form N 114/u, namely: the patient's age, date, time and duration of the call, the diagnosis by ICD-10, effectiveness and outcome of the medical aid provided. Time series in frequencies of the calls were grouped according to ICD-10 disease classes by days, weeks and months. We calculated the number of calls to one patient, the true number of patients by disease classes during the study period, the average number of visits per patient. Two thousand nine hundred calls (92,7%) accounted for five classes of ICD10: F00-F29 (30,3%), F60-F69 (25,8%) and Z00-Z99 (18,1%). The mean age of patients was 39,3±26,7 years old. The oldest were patients with diagnoses related to the classes of diseases F50-F59 (59,5±27,6 years) and F30-F39 (56,0±23,0 years). The number of calls for such classes of diseases as F20-F29, F10-F19, F60-F69 and F60-F69 for this age group averaged 58.7%. There were significantly more men in this age group – 57,5% and 38,1% respectively (p < 0,001, z-test). There were more women aged 60-74 and 75 years old and older (p < 0,001, z-test). The maximum number of repeated calls was in class F20 – F29-192 patients (492 calls, 51,9%). Out of 492 calls in 152 cases medications were applied, in 340 (69,1%) cases hospitalization was needed. The analysis of circadian time series revealed two peaks in calls. In the period from 9.00 to 16.00 calls were made mainly by women (p = 0,0044, z-test). At 18.00 – 21.00 – those were made by men (p = 0,0095, z-test). The frequency of calls in these time intervals made 17.4 and 16.9%, respectively, and significantly exceeded the average probability daily rate (p < 0,001, z-test), which makes 12,5% when dividing the day (100%) into eight intervals. No peculiarities in weekly rhythms in the number of calls were established. The most troublesome month for men was January – a statistically significant increase in the number of calls in comparison with the average-probable rate.
- Alekseev V.V., Nikitin L.N. Analiz bezrezul’tativnykh vyzovov skoroi psikhiatricheskoi pomoshchi [Analysis of unsuccessful calls of emergency psychiatric care]. Materialy IV s”ezda psikhiatrov, narkologov, psikhoterapevtov, meditsinskikh psikhologov Chuvashii [Proceedings of the IV Congress of Psychiatrists, Narcologists, Psychotherapists, Medical Psychologists of Chuvashia]. Cheboksary, 2010, pp. 18–20.
- Belyaeva V.A. Sezonnaya i sutochnaya dinamika obrashchaemosti naseleniya Vladikavkaza s gipertonicheskimi krizami za skoroi meditsinskoi pomoshch’yu [Seasonal and daily dynamics of circulation of the population of Vladikavkaz with hypertensive crises for emergency medical care]. Meditsinskii almanakh, 2017, vol. 2(47), pp. 23–26.
- Gamburtsev A.G., Sigachev A.V. Dinamika vyzovov skoroi pomoshchi Moskvy za poslednie pyat let [Dynamics of emergency calls in Moscow over the past five years]. Vestnik Rossiiskoi Akademii Nauk, 2012, vol. 82, no. 5, pp. 415–424.
- Golenkov A.V. Odnodnevnaya perepis’ bol’nykh s psikhicheskimi rasstroistvami v statsionare: statika i dinamika pokazatelei s 1992 po 2014 gg. [One-day census of patients with mental disorders in hospital: statics and dynamics of indicators from 1992 to 2014]. Psikhicheskoe zdorov’e, 2015, vol. 13, no. 2, pp. 20–25.
- Golenkov A.V., Underov D.A. Agressivnoe povedenie psikhicheski bol’nykh pri okazanii im skoroi psikhiatricheskoi pomoshchi [Aggressive behavior of mental patients in the provision of emergency psychiatric care]. Psikhicheskoe zdorov’e. 2016, no. 1, pp. 9–15.
- Korobkova O.K. Sovershenstvovanie okazaniya meditsinskikh uslug naseleniyu brigadami skoroi meditsinskoi pomoshchi [Improving the provision of medical services to the population by emergency medical teams]. Obrazovanie. Pravo, 2015, no. 2(31), pp. 81–87.
- Mironets E.N., Golenkov A.V., Karyshev P.B. Epidemiologiya samoubiistv v g. Cheboksary [Epidemiology of suicides in Cheboksary]. Problemy ekspertizy v meditsine, 2003, no. 3, pp. 31–33.
- Novitskii I.Ya. Issledovanie zavisimosti sutochnoi chastoty vyzovov «Skoroi psikhiatricheskoi pomoshchi» ot kompleksa meteorologicheskikh kharakteristik [Study of the dependence of the daily frequency of calls “Emergency psychiatric care” on a set of meteorological characteristics]. Kubanskii nauchnyi meditsinskii vestnik, 2007, no. 1-2, pp. 116–120.
- Sapozhnikov S.P., Kozlov V.A., Golenkov A.V., Kichigin V.A., Karyshev P.B. Biosotsial’nyi i khronologicheskii risk soversheniya samoubiistv. Vliyanie alkogolya [Biosocial and chronological risk of suicide. Influence of alcohol]. Narkologiya, 2016, vol. 15, no. 1(169), pp. 33–38.
- Sapozhnikov S.P., Kozlov V.A., Karyshev P.B., Kichigin V.A., Golenkov A.V. Vliyanie priema alkogolya na khronobiologicheskie ritmy suitsidal’noi aktivnosti u patsientov, nakhodivshikhsya pod nablyudeniem narkologa i psikhiatra [The effect of alcohol intake on the chronobiological rhythms of suicidal activity in patients under the supervision of a narcologist and psychiatrist]. Zhurnal nevrologii i psikhiatrii im. C.C. Korsakova, 2016, vol. 116, no. 11-2, pp. 30–35.
- Sapozhnikov S.P., Karyshev P.V., Kichigin V.A., Golenkov A.V. Zavisi-most’ chastoty samoubiistv sredi gorodskogo naseleniya Chuvashii ot vremeni sutok i priema alkogolya [The dependence of the frequency of suicides among the urban population of Chuvash Republic from the time of day and alcohol]. Narkologiya, 2013, no. 13(143), pp. 46–50.
- Chereshnev V.A., Gamburtsev A.G., Sigachev A.V., Gamburtseva N.G. Dinamika vyzovov skoroi pomoshchi v 10 okrugakh Moskvy [Dynamics of ambulance calls in 10 districts of Moscow]. Prostranstvo i Vremya, 2015, no. 4(22), pp. 267–277.
- Altamura C., VanGastel A., Pioli R., Mannu P., Maes M. Seasonal and circadian rhythms in suicide in Cagliari, Italy. Affect. Disord., 1999, vol. 53, no 1, pp.77–85.
- Golenkov Andrey V.
- Doctor of Medical Sciences, Professor, Head of Department of Psychiatry, Medical Psychology and Neurology, Chuvash State University, Russia, Cheboksary (email@example.com)
- Kozlov Vadim A.
- Doctor of Biological Sciences, Professor of Department Medical Biology with a Course in Microbiology and Virology, Chuvash State University, Russia, Cheboksary (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Sapozhnikov Sergey P.
- Doctor of Medical Sciences, Professor, Head of Department Medical Biology with a Course in Microbiology and Virology, Chuvash State University, Russia, Cheboksary (email@example.com)
- Underov Dmitriy Alexeyevich
- psychiatrist, Emergency Hospital, Russia, Cheboksary (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Kichigin Vadim Aleksandrovich
- candidate of medical sciences, unit head, Dialysis center, Russia, Cheboksary (email@example.com)
Sapozhnikov S., Kichigin V., Kozlov V., Golenkov A., Underov D. Biosocial factors and their role in the work of emergency psychiatric aid teams [Electronic resource] // Acta medica Eurasica. – 2018. – №4. P. 30-39. – URL: http://acta-medica-eurasica.ru/en/single/2018/4/4/