UDC: 616-036; 616-097
Lutkova Т., Karzakova L., Kudryashov S., Andreeva N.
Description of the clinical onset of common variable immune insufficiency (Clinical Case)
A clinical case of a primary immunodeficiency state – Common Variable Immune Deficiency (СVID) is described. The peculiarity of this case is the early clinical СVID onset in a child aged 7 months of life in the form of purulent otitis. The diagnosis was made only at the age of 2 years. The paper discusses issues of differential diagnosis of this pathology and other primary immunodeficiencies (PID) of the humoral immune response. Relatively rare occurrence of PID, a variety of clinical forms and lack of awareness in practicing doctors about this pathology often result in the fact that patients do not receive pathogenetic therapy for a long time because of late diagnosis of the disease, as a result, the prognosis of the disease worsens. Timely initiation of replacement therapy by intravenous immunoglobulin administration reduces the risk of irreversible changes in organs and systems caused by the chronic course of the infectious process, significantly reduces the incidence of acute infections and the incidence of developing other complications.
- Karzakova L.M., Muchukova O.M., Rasskazova N.L. Pervichnye i vtorichnye immunodefitsity [Primary and secondary immunodeficiencies]. Zdravookhranenie Chuvashii [Healthcare of Chuvashia]. 2008, no. 2, pp. 72–80.
- Latysheva E.A. Pervichnye immunodefitsity: sostoyanie problemy na segodnyashniy den’. JMF-tsentry v Rossii [Primary immunodeficiencies: the current state of the problem. JMF-centers in Russia]. Voprosy sovremennoy pediatrii [Issues of modern pediatrics], 2013, vol. 12, no. 6. pp. 73–77.
- Latysheva E.A., Myasnikova T.N., Latysheva T.V. et al. Klinicheskaya immunologiya i allergologiya [Clinical Immunology and Allergology]. In: Khaitov R.M., Ilyina I., ed. Federal’nye klinicheskie rekomendatsii [Federal Clinical Recommendations]. Мoscow, Pharmarus Print Media Publ., 2015, 92 p.
- Troitskaya E.V., Sofronova L.V., Tsvetkova T.Yu. Pervichnye immunodefitsity: aktual’naya problema sovremennoy meditsiny [Primary immunodeficiencies: an urgent problem of modern medicine]. Terapevticheskiy arkhiv [Therapeutic archive], 2014, no. 11, pp. 12–15.
- Bousfiha A., Jeddane L., Ailal F. et al. Primary Immunodeficiency Diseases Worldwide: More Common than Generally Thought. Journal of Clinical Immunology, 2013, vol. 33, no. 1, pp. 1–7. doi: 10.1007/s10875-012-9751-7.
- Cunningham-Rundles C. The many faces of common variable immunodeficiency. Am. Soc. Hematol. Educ. Program., 2012, vol. 301–305, pp. 1–10. doi: 10.1182/asheducation-2012.1.301.
- Modell V., Knaus M., Modell F. et al. Global overview of primary immunodeficiencies: a report from Jeffrey Modell Centers worldwide focused on diagnosis, treatment, and discovery. Res., 2014, vol. 60, no. 1, pp. 132–144. doi: 10.1007/s12026-014-8498-z.
- Lutkova Tatyana S.
- Candidate of Medical Sciences, Associate Professor of Internal Diseases Department, Chuvash State University, Russia, Cheboksary (email@example.com; ORCID: https://orcid.org/0000-0003-2368-5084)
- Karzakova Luiza M.
- Doctor of Medical Sciences, Professor, Head of Internal Diseases Department, Chuvash State University, Russia, Cheboksary (firstname.lastname@example.org; ORCID: https://orcid.org/0000-0002-5899-6352)
- Kudryashov Sergei I.
- Candidate of Medical Sciences, Assistant Lecturer of Internal Diseases Department, Chuvash State University, Russia, Cheboksary (email@example.com; ORCID: https://orcid.org/0000-0003-2277-9425)
- Andreeva Natalia Petrovna
- candidate of medical sciences, pediatrics and pediatric surgery department associate professor, City Pediatric Hospital № 3, Russia, Cheboksary (firstname.lastname@example.org; )
Lutkova Т., Karzakova L., Kudryashov S., Andreeva N. Description of the clinical onset of common variable immune insufficiency (Clinical Case) [Electronic resource] // Acta medica Eurasica. – 2018. – №2. P. 14-20. – URL: http://acta-medica-eurasica.ru/en/single/2018/2/3/.